What's new

Rapira Platinum Lux

I tried these for the first time this Saturday in my Dark Stag folding Kamisori. I had about three days growth (quite coarse and tough) and these cut through well on the first pass. After three passes I had a bbs finish with a few nicks and minimum irritation. I would say these are reasonably smooth and have a decent sharpness (above the Rapira Swedish Steel maybe). They will be going into my regular use pile for sure.

I tried these for the first time this Saturday in my Dark Stag folding Kamisori. I had about three days growth (quite coarse and tough) and these cut through well on the first pass. After three passes I had a bbs finish with a few nicks and minimum irritation. I would say these are reasonably smooth and have a decent sharpness (above the Rapira Swedish Steel maybe). They will be going into my regular use pile for sure.
One of my favorite blades. Works well in all my razors. Sharp, smooth and holds it edge well.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Crikey! I'm not sure I
One of my favorites if not my favorite DE blade,

and I have 300+ of em 😁..
Like them that much, but when you find a blade you like stick with it I suppose. I have a top five that are in constant rotation but it depends what state my skin is in as to which I favour.

I like them without loving them. They are sharp enough and smooth enough, and I don't get any irritation and they don't create unforced errors. The price point is good and I've never run into any QC issues with them so I don't have any issues recommending them to people not looking for the sharpest blades in the land and who enjoy a bargain.

My main knock on them is they just aren't as good ( to me and this is where YMMV kicks in ) as some other blades I just prefer better for various reasons. I still use the ones in my stash as I rotate through my collection so they aren't bad by any means. When I use my last I probably won't reorder a 100, but I like variety so I can see myself keeping a few tucks around.

Rapira PLs are solid blades.
For me not the sharpest and not the longest lasting but dependable nevertheless. I will always keep some around just for variety. And yes they are quite smooth.

Top Bottom