What's new

Rapira Platinum Lux

I have this addiction to.buying different blades. Voshkod and SilverBlues were my top two. I recently started to learn.more about what blades came from where and all that. This made me basically order EVERY Russian made blade I could find. The luxvwere the first to show. I used.one last night. I wa s.in a hurry, and was unable to do my toatal prep, so I was expecting some nicks, but WOW, these were like Voshkods but sharper. Im in total shock. I ordered more this morning. These are outstanding.

Good blades. I just got 11 shaves from the first one I just tried. The shave results just started going down, and I tossed it. I didn't push through sub par results.

I ordered some platinum Lux at the tail end of February and the Voskhods a week later. The Voskhods worked ok in my 39c and very well in my R41 (2011). Still waiting for the plat.lux

I bought a 100 of them and have used 3 of the 5 in the first tuck. Not liking them like the Voshkod's, but perhaps I should try some from another pack. Was going to put up a entry in the Gentlemanly Deals Forum to swap them for Astra SP or Voshkod blades - will try another couple and see how it goes, but they were a little tuggy for me.

Platinum Lux are my all time favorite blade. Nicely sharp, smooth, and last quite a while. They just feel like nicer blades than the other Rapiras, but who knows.

I agree, they are an excellent blade. Now is the time to stock up on your favorite Russian blades with the Ruble where it is.

proxy.php

If I didn't already have a lifetime supply of GSBs, I'd get the Rapira Lux blades in bulk. For $12/100, it's a steal; I would donate my spare Astras to charity.

Top Bottom