What's new

Rapira Platinum Lux vs. Rapriare Super Stainless vs. Voskhod?

I have used Rapira platinum lux, Ladas and Sputnik blades and choose to use the platinum lux blades the most. The other Rapira blades are just as good in terms of sharpness and smoothness but with my beard type the platinum lux seem to last longer. My favorite Russian blade is (to the best of my knowledge) no longer made but are obtainable on eBay. They are the Baltica blades with the. Battleship on the wrapper. The old black Sputniks were also very good but also not made any more. The Soviet blades are different than their modern day counterparts. Give 'em a try if you want something different.

Bringing this thread back to life?

Have used all blades by Mostochlegmash. All which are PTFE-coated do the job, all without the PTFE coating tug excessively. According to the manufacturer website, PTFE coating is used on the Platinum, Voskhod and Swedish Supersteel.

I tried many of the Rapira blades from a sampler from RBC. The two I liked best were Platinum Lux and Chromes. The rest were average but the Ladas was the worst. I feel that PPI has better blades overall.

My whiskers are black blade destroyers, if you know what I mean. The Rapira Super Stainless is sharper than the Voskhod and the Platinum Lux. For both the Platinum Lux and the Voskhod I need a very aggressive razor to achieve at least something close to BBS. With the Platinum Lux in the R41 with some creams even DFS+ is impossible. Overall I like very much the Rapira Super Stainless and I don't like the Platinum Lux and the Voskhod

I have only Voskhods and the Stainless in blue pink. The Voskhods are amongst my favourite blades. The Super Stainless are good too, but i use them just for variety's sake.

Now I haven't used modern blades in years but when I was the Rapira Swedish Super Steels were among my regulars.

I am looking for opinions from those who have experience with all three of these blades. I have a stash of Voskhods and find them a very good overall sharp and smooth blade. Due to the very good deals out there now I am considering a 100 blade purchase of one of the Rapira options. Before investing my hard-earned five bucks I wanted to see what the Rapira experts may have to say. Any preferences among the 3 blades and how do either Rapira match up against Voskhods?

Thanks!

I've bought me three thousand Rapira Platinum Lux to load into my Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 and two thousand Voskhod to feed my HLS Colibri 1.30 Open Comb. I think this supply may last for more than the rest of my life. The Rapira Platinum Lux are super sharp and super mild, and they work best in medium plus aggressive razors The Voskhod are super sweet blades, best suitable in significantly aggressive razors.
No other blades make sense to me.

By the way, both of these blades provide fantastic shaves in the "Rapira Swedish Supersteel Safety Razor", which is, ironically, best shaving a safety razor I've ever tried, in spite of its ridiculously low price and rather cheap looking finish.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I only know the Rapira Lux Platinum and the Voshkod.

Of these I prefer the Voshkod for "cushioning" aggressive razors. It's a bit like a Gillette Silver Blue, but better. Also incredibly cheap to buy!

The Rapira Lux are sharp, but I would rather take a Feather, BIC, Gillette Platinum or Nacet, which do the same even better.

I only know the Rapira Lux Platinum and the Voshkod.

Of these I prefer the Voshkod for "cushioning" aggressive razors. It's a bit like a Gillette Silver Blue, but better. Also incredibly cheap to buy!

The Rapira Lux are sharp, but I would rather take a Feather, BIC, Gillette Platinum or Nacet, which do the same even better.

From my personal experience, I assume that the Rapira Platinum Lux are of much more stable quality. The Feather seem to vary piece from piece.

Top Bottom