What's new

Rapira Plat Lux dull on one side?

I recently bought some Rapira Platinum Lux that seem to be dull on one edge. I thought it was my imagination at first, but one side definitely does not cut properly.

Been DE shaving 10+ years and had bad blades before, but this is several in a row. I bought two 100ct packs. Should I sample more packs at random, return them all, or what? I bought from Italian Barber, so I don't think they are fakes. Anyone else have issues with RPL lately?

This was a long running problem with the Voskhods that seemed to be resolved. Made by the same company. There was also evidence of fake Plats circulating in Russia a few months ago. I am not sure what I would do in your position, IB is not going to take them back happily. I believe you need to take one out of every box in the 100 that you have open, if they are bad you should at least be able to get a refund on the other 100. I wish I could help more, there were people that had several hundred bad Voskhods...

This was a long running problem with the Voskhods that seemed to be resolved. Made by the same company. There was also evidence of fake Plats circulating in Russia a few months ago. I am not sure what I would do in your position, IB is not going to take them back happily. I believe you need to take one out of every box in the 100 that you have open, if they are bad you should at least be able to get a refund on the other 100. I wish I could help more, there were people that had several hundred bad Voskhods...
That's too bad. I would have thought vendors would be more amenable to replacing faulty products, but then I guess people would probably try returning blades they just didn't use properly.

I'll sample some boxes and see what happens. Thanks!

I have tested the RPL blades in multiple razors (Fatip, R41, R89, Rockwell 6S etc.) and the conclusion was always the same: to me, they feel quite blunt and rigid, the shave was not pleasant at all. This never happened with Astra blues, Astra greens, Wilkinson Sword, BICs and other brands. It might be a "faulty" blade batch (I bought only 5 packs) or, simply, I don't get along well this blade.

I recently bought some Rapira Platinum Lux that seem to be dull on one edge. I thought it was my imagination at first, but one side definitely does not cut properly.

Been DE shaving 10+ years and had bad blades before, but this is several in a row. I bought two 100ct packs. Should I sample more packs at random, return them all, or what? I bought from Italian Barber, so I don't think they are fakes. Anyone else have issues with RPL lately?

I've had many blades of different brands in which one side is definitely better than the other. Or maybe my razor is bent. Either way, I just use the good side and move on. In my opinion, blades are not expensive enough to do a mail order return.

Top Bottom