What's new

Rapira double edge blades going very cheap on eBay.

Keep in mind Rapira (the 4 varieties), Ladas, and Voskhod are all Rapira blades. The Sputnik are proctor and gamble (Gillette).

Ladas and Voskhods are made by the same company which makes the Rapiras, but they are not Rapira blades. To say they are Rapiras is like saying a Michelob is a Budweiser. The company that makes the Rapiras, Ladas, & Voskhods is Mostochlegmash.

Five Rapira blades that I've tried include
Rapira Platinum Lux
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Rapira Stainless
Rapira Super Stainless - Red & blue pack
Rapira Super Stainless - Blue, black & pink pack

The two super stainless could be the same blade but I see one often advertised as "chrome" so they may be different. I've seen online, but have not used, a third style Super Stainless

I ordered a very nice sampler of 130 blades (with 20 each of 6 of the Mostochlegmash products plus another mystery 10) for only $11.80 shipped. I already have some Luxes and Swedish SS but I wanted to try Ladas and Sputnik and the Chrome.

Platinum Lux and Sputnik Teflons are very nice IMO... however, the Gillette Platinum (NOT the silver blue) in the white/blue box is tops for me nowadays...

I've never tried Platinum Lux so might be worth it ( hopefully better than the Voskhods which IMO are average - YMMV).

Does anyone have a pack or two of Rapira Platinum Lux they'd be willing to trade? I'm tempted to get some but even at $10, I wouldn't want a hundred blades if they didn't work well for me. (Plus, I don't need any new blades but we all know how that goes...)

Does anyone have a pack or two of Rapira Platinum Lux they'd be willing to trade? I'm tempted to get some but even at $10, I wouldn't want a hundred blades if they didn't work well for me. (Plus, I don't need any new blades but we all know how that goes...)

PM me your address and I'll send you a pack when my order arrives.

Hopefully they stay that way for a while. Paying down a couple of things first. But after a couple shaves with a Voskhod I can definitely see myself picking these up in quantity at the current prices.

Sputnik are my absolute favorite.

Keep in mind Rapira (the 4 varieties), Ladas, and Voskhod are all Rapira blades. The Sputnik are proctor and gamble (Gillette).

Sputniks are on there too at $6.30 for 100 plus another $5.40 shipping....Less then $12 with the shipping is pretty damned good.

Thank you guys for all orders you placed. I'm a seller from the first message.
I started selling Russian blades month ago, when no one except unuta77 did.
Hope that you enjoyed my blades and current prices.

We are grateful for you willing to stock this community with low cost premium blades. Keep up the good work!

Picked up 100 of the Platinum Lux. Haven't used them, but at that price, I'll pif them if it doesn't work out..

Happy Eve of the Nativity Businka:)

Just bought 100 Platinum Lux:001_smile

I just received my 1100 Voskhods a couple days ago. Ended up being $6.70/100. I just couldn't pass up on that savings.

Went through my blade collection yesterday. I'm up to just over 3000 now. Yeah, I sure hope my son will want to use a DE because I've now got enough for my lifetime (I'm 31) and his when he starts shaving.

Thanks for the tip! Got a sample pack...

Still relatively noob -- which blade do you guys think is closest to Feather and Astra SP?

I just received my 1100 Voskhods a couple days ago. Ended up being $6.70/100. I just couldn't pass up on that savings.

Wow! I wish I hadn't read that. I'm a sucker for a good deal but I already have over 800 Voskhod. Decisions, decisions....

100 Rapira chrome, 100 Rapira Swedes, 100 Voskhod, 50 Ladas...and 100 Supermax Super Platinum (for some reason). For me If the prices are the same next month, I will probably make a similarly sized order, I might get some Sputnik's and some more Platinum Lux.

Top Bottom