What's new

Range report for new Mark IV

I installed the new trigger, sear and sear spring as well as a new hammer. The gear was from Volquartsen except the trigger and halo ring which was from Tandemcross. It felt Lighter, but occasionally was a bit heavier. I had contacted Volquartsen for an install video previously. They were just finishing one and sent me a draft. It was really nice and super helpful. I thanked Scott Volquartsen for the video and told him my feedback and he asked how it felt. I said much better but occasionally was a little heavy. He sent me a new disconnector on the house. I put that in today and hit the range. Boy did that part ever make the trigger perfect. I adjusted the trigger and shot a bunch.
75D0BD5E-275D-4526-BF6C-EB7E2695B5D5.jpeg

Super nice to shoot. I did buy a box of Federal auto match. There was something wrong with it. No boom at all. Just a pop and would not even cycle the bolt 75% of the time. I have to contact Federal.
The cheapo golden bullets were fine as usual and I shot at 20 yards and 25 yards.
75D0BD5E-275D-4526-BF6C-EB7E2695B5D5.jpeg
6EA29794-B5FD-4517-A753-989BF299F2B9.jpeg
02B97760-821D-4ACC-802E-69588C399A69.jpeg

These were freehand but shooting pretty quick. This gun is officially easy to shoot.

Volquartsen is a great company and the owner Scott is super cool.

I guess Automatch has gone down hill. It was one of my go to rimfire rounds back when I was regularly shooting in metallic silhouette matches. I was running a box or three through my CZ rifles every month just to practice. I rarely had a misfire.

I guess Automatch has gone down hill. It was one of my go to rimfire rounds back when I was regularly shooting in metallic silhouette matches. I was running a box or three through my CZ rifles every month just to practice. I rarely had a misfire.
They must have had a bad run or something. Seemed like there was no powder in them.....

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I like Volquartsen stuff and have patronized them for many years. Federal Auto Match is a favorite of a couple of my .22s. I stocked up several years ago. My heirs will thank me later :)

Just as an update on the Auto match ammunition. I emailed Federal twice to no avail. Federal also has a warranty phone number that gets you to a real person really quickly So always use the phone.... They were quite interested in getting the ammunition back. All I had to do was box it up and put it on the porch. UPS is picking it up, printing the label and taking back to Federal. Once they get it, they are sending me a new box of 22lr. Very good customer service at Federal! That is nice because the store I bought it from can be difficult to deal with.

Top Bottom