What's new

Range day.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Took the Smith as well as the Sig P290RS and the Remington RM380 to the range today. I wanted to make sure the repairs done by Smith were still working so put another half box of ammo through it. So far so good, slide locks back on an empty magazine and stays locked back after I drop the empty mag.

I've been having a feed issue with only one magazine when using the Sig 290 and had taken it apart and gave it a full spa day. I still am getting intermittent FTFs with that one magazine. That will take a little more effort to try and identify what might be the cause.

I ended the morning with the little Remington RM380. Every outing I figure I'll find some weakness, some failure, some issue with the little jewel and every outing I get disappointed by it utterly boring reliability. Today was another such disappointing experience; the little sucker just did way better than it should. I ran 4 magazines + the one in the chamber to start for 25 rounds, all single weak hand standing, no support, point and shoot moderately rapid fire. The range was at 5 yards so about 15 feet plus I tried moving forward and backwards while shooting. Each magazine I switch to a different one of the five dot targets.

The results was a largest grouping I could cover with one hand, the smallest smaller than just my palm. Not FTEs, no FTS, no double strikes, no misfires; just lots of holes in a piece of paper.

Remington has one that's a dark blue anodized frame and stainless slide. As soon as I got home I ordered one of that version.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Was at the range with the RM380 this past Saturday, along with some warm rounds (95gr fmj @ 980 +/- fps) I cooked up on the bench.

After a couple mags, I came to the conclusion that should an RM9 become a reality, I probably won’t be purchasing one ... my finger took a beating (from the trigger) each time the slide returned to battery - I repositioned my finger, but to no avail. I do have Galloway springs throughout the pistol, but I wouldn’t think they would have anything to do with the trigger finger issue.

A bit o’ discomfort aside, the RM380 ran like a scalded dog, and quite accurately at that!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Was at the range with the RM380 this past Saturday, along with some warm rounds (95gr fmj @ 980 +/- fps) I cooked up on the bench.

After a couple mags, I came to the conclusion that should an RM9 become a reality, I probably won’t be purchasing one ... my finger took a beating (from the trigger) each time the slide returned to battery - I repositioned my finger, but to no avail. I do have Galloway springs throughout the pistol, but I wouldn’t think they would have anything to do with the trigger finger issue.

A bit o’ discomfort aside, the RM380 ran like a scalded dog, and quite accurately at that!
You might be a candidate for the Tyre trigger replacement. It is claimed to eliminate the trigger pinch & bite some folk experience.

Top Bottom