What's new

Range Bag

Thanks! I have a camera bag very much like your Ape case... don't have a camera anymore, but need a range bag.:idea:
Here's what I used to put in that bag. LOL

09070003.JPG

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Late to the party but I am looking at the Eberlestock Bandit or the Mystery Ranch version Gunfighter. Enough room for my bags and kit but not big enough that I will fill it with stuff I really don't need. The Bandit is on sale for $119.00 right now so I am dropping hints! :lol:

For pistol, I just use a standard mid-size range bag, black Cordura with two zippered pistol pockets, end pockets for tools and lube and a large center pocket for ammo, muffs, and eye protection.

For rifle, I use a backpack, which is stuffed with all of the above, plus a shooting rest, spotting scope, and mini tripod.

One great bag that I forgot about is the Galls StreetPro Gear duty bag. I just noticed mine sitting in my reloading room. It rode in the front floorboard of my car for 15+ years. The only real sign of wear is its a little sun faded on the top.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
One great bag that I forgot about is the Galls StreetPro Gear duty bag. I just noticed mine sitting in my reloading room. It rode in the front floorboard of my car for 15+ years. The only real sign of wear is its a little sun faded on the top.

Floor board? It didn’t have the straps to go around and the flap that flips over the back of the passenger seat?

OkieStubble

It does, but I wanted my seat for another bag that I carried. It held all the important gear like snacks and magazines...lol

When I was patrol I got so tired of eating drive thru, I brought a good sized playmate cooler / lunch box thing with hot soup in a thermos and sandwiches and snacks. I kept it in the front floorboard, but I had to strap it down there with bungee cords so it wouldn’t go flyin everywhere when I was runnin’ hot. :)

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I always had a lunch box that would fit behind the seat in the cab. In EMS the real problem was where to store your pillow. I mean an ambulance has a bed in the back, right? EMS- Earn Money Sleeping. This never really worked out for me, always worked in a high call volume urban area. 14 calls in 12hrs was not unheard of.

OkieStubble

I always had a lunch box that would fit behind the seat in the cab. In EMS the real problem was where to store your pillow. I mean an ambulance has a bed in the back, right? EMS- Earn Money Sleeping. This never really worked out for me, always worked in a high call volume urban area. 14 calls in 12hrs was not unheard of.

I don't know how many times I had driven by a car wash on early morning quiet nights, just to see several black & whites parked in the wash bays and thinkin' what happened at the car wash and multiples responded, but I didn't hear a call out on the radio?

They were arresting Mr. Sandman is what they were doing... :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't know how many times I had driven by a car wash on early morning quiet nights, just to see several black & whites parked in the wash bays and thinkin' what happened at the car wash and multiples responded, but I didn't hear a call out on the radio?

They were arresting Mr. Sandman is what they were doing... :)
when I worked 3rd shift there were occasional naps on preflight (I work in flight simulation). When a sim is on motion people just can’t walk in. Didn’t happen often, but working 3rds and having a family life can really screw up your sleep.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I'm on the wait list for a Fehu Tilpasse. Well thought out me thinks...

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
This is what I ended up going with.

Expensive, but it checked all my boxes and seems very well made. My only complaint is that some of the nifty little organizer pockets are too small. The earplug pocket will fit a pair of softy earplugs, that’s it. I also could have done with out the “tacticool” in the name. I really like that it’s got a rigid shelf on the bottom of the main compartment so boxes of ammo have a solid surface to rest on instead of the floppy bottom of a backpack. Any reloader that’s had a plastic MTM or Plano ammo case open and turn over knows what I’m talking about.

I tried many range bags but wound up stuffing as much as I can into my main soft side rifle case. I like to open it and see everything I need without digging around. When opened up you can lay out everything on it instead of on the bench. I carry an ammo can full of loaded magazines, a small padded case for the twins, and a canvas ammo can liner bag for larger tools, muzzle devices, Hoppes #9, extra earpro, batteries, etc.
range test day.jpeg
The twins.jpeg

IMG_5517.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom