What's new

random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

@saj1985 , the sting of either usually suggests over-exuberance during the shave. Everypony’s different, but it often indicates too much skin was removed.
yea the alum block is a good indicator of too many passes etc,
i dont know i just love the stinging feeling and just tapping the area on my head once ive applied the aftershave on lol

thanks for sharing, ever considered getting another one to try your luck again?
No, not really. Read other posts about this razor that put me off for good. I considered it as a travel razor because of its light weight. Now? With all the aluminum options available to us, would never consider one.

Hi everyone :001_smile

I'm from Europe, and I was wondering if the Yaqi heads are of good quality ?
Is 8 euros for a head worth the price or it's just a cheap piece ?

Thanks for your reply.

ps : I don't know this brand, I saw a few days ago that they had a lot of heads on Aliexpress.

Hi everyone :001_smile

I'm from Europe, and I was wondering if the Yaqi heads are of good quality ?
Is 8 euros for a head worth the price or it's just a cheap piece ?

Thanks for your reply.

ps : I don't know this brand, I saw a few days ago that they had a lot of heads on Aliexpress.
tbh mate ive only used and got the yaqi helmet and katana, i think theyre built very well and really good value for money for what they are tbh imho

seen the merkur 45c bakelite being mentioned before in the forum,

so being bakelite I assume it must be very light, anyone got any experience with this razor?

Is it classed as mild or aggressive razor?

Seen a vid and seems like a bit of a different shaving angle due to the head of the de razor
The Merkur 45 (not 45c, as it's not chromed) is mildly aggressive. Because the head is steeply arched, the handle should be lowered a bit to maintain the blade angle you are used to. I like it. I don't use it as often as I should. BTW it's a good travel razor because of it's light weight. Tip: If traveling put it in a sturdy box as it is fragile and vulnerable to something heavy atop it. It's an outstanding performer IME.

anyone use those self stropping razors like the rolls razor these days?

What are they like? Any good?

Always been intrigued by these tbh

follow on question, what's considered to be the best stropping safety razors out there? The rolls razor or wilkinson 7 day set?

Btw are there more out there?

I don't really know of any others tbh

It is, of course, a relative thing what somebody find to be the best but regarding the objective characteristics of a soap, which soap(s) do you consider overrated?

Top Bottom