What's new

Random Drops

How often do you visit the website of a supplier of either brushes or safety razors who random drops, if you are trying to get one of their products?

I recently got lucky with a Declaration random drop but for the most part visiting those sites frequently trying to catch a drop can be an exercise in futility.

No more! Some vendors thrive on the fiction of artificial scarcity. Some rise to levels of offensive pricing. Some return to lower price levels when products don't sell. There are many reputable vendors who provide excellent products that are readily available with excellent service, making the purchase an excellent customer experience. These are the ones where I now spend my money. YMMV.

Last edited:
No more! Some vendors thrive on the fiction of artificial scarcity. Some rise to levels of offensive pricing. Some return to lower price levels when products don't sell. There are many reputable vendors who provide excellent products that are readily available with excellent service, making the purchase an excellent customer experience. These are the ones where I now spend my money. YMMV.

I totally agree. However, lately I've noticed that certain vendors have gone the other way; meaning they keep releasing products to the point of creating buyer exhaustion. I'll keep those vendors nameless to protect the innocent.

Depends on the product.

If it’s a brushmaker I admire, I’ll set a timer on my phone and check out the drop, if there’s something I want I’ll grab it.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never. How they run their business is their business, but they will never get my business running their business in this particular business sense.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I dont follow these folks on social media to be aware of drops. I visit a few sites randomly to see whats what buy nothing is in stock when i visit so my visits drop off lol. Thinking about a few sites i just dont hit anymot. I understand that maybe they make jyst a few items or have limited inventory but with life going on i just can't take on the added responsibility of getting on their schedule. A part of me feels that business model is too manipulative.

A part of me feels that business model is too manipulative.

Absolutely, that's exactly what it is to increase interest in order to generate more sales

I don't plan on purchasing those random drops but I still check them anyways. Sometimes, I get the urge to buy that one beautiful brush but I find myself reasoning with the 20+ brushes in my den.. haha :lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom