What's new

Random: anti persperant, deodorant, or both?

Which one do you use?

• Antiperspirant

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Deodorant

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Both

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Alum block

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Some “natural of organic” other choice

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ive switched to more deodorant use recently. Have bought and tried several. Anything thats white stick never goes on comfortably. i dislike that rough brick scratch feeling.
Tobs has been really nice. As is speick, l'occitane and duke cannon charcoal. That one and toms dry white.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Off topic slightly
We were at some event and a couple we socialized with years ago came in the husband came over to where we were sitting to say hello. And thats when i noticed the strongest body odor in the area i panicked thinking it was me
Even worried the folks sitting behind us would think it was me. It wasn't but whoa.

I've read that aluminum zirconium can contribute to Alzheimers. It wasn't part of a study and it was decades ago, but that was enough to keep me away from antiperspirants.
Thoughts...

I am on a bit of a purity drive wrt my personal hygiene so this thread is quite relevant for me atm.

Making a long story short, i have switched to simple deodorant (bicarb and shea) for the following reasons.

A) The idea that one should deliberately stop ones body from doing something natural is becoming more and more objectional to me. Both from a personal perspective and from a societal perspective. The modern social engineering being practiced by cosmetic companies to get us to buy more products is deeply worrying.
B) I am really questioning the risks of cosmetic products and ingredients. Especially Aluminium. I had switched from my normal Sure stick to an alum block to avoid aluminium and blocking my pores, but further research has me still unconvinced that alum isn't risk free. (Note regarding shaving, whilst alum is to big a molecule to be absorbed by unbroken skin, you are rubbing this stuff over your shaved skin and into the damage and micro nicks and cuts post shave. There is a reason Alum can sting post-shave)

Used Antiperspirant up until a few months ago. I find I actually sweat less using regular deodorant and like the scent better. win-win.

I generally only use antiperspirant once a week, or if I have a critical meeting. Otherwise I use deodorant, but I will use alum sometimes too. American Provenance has a line of deodorants that work very well and are touted as "all natural"

I use all the above, but I usually use a deodorant with an Alum Block base. I apply the alum, then the deodorant.

Top Bottom