What's new

Ralf Aust vs Max Sprecher

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes he can. He is giving a personal opinion on how he would rather spend his money. He is making no judgement on the quality for Max Sprecher SR's.
Yeah, that's how I read it.

Everyone, EVERYONE, has a personal threshold for inflicting financial pain upon themselves.

I'm now much closer to death than I am to running a Marathon, so perspective changes. I could (barely) afford to pay $50,000 USD for a pickup truck. My neighbor gave me one that would be worth more than that ADJUSTED FOR INFLATION. It's perfect for what I need, after I paid for repairs.

With age comes (hopefully) wisdom, based on perspective. If I outlive certain family members I will NEVER want financially. I doubt I'll spend any differently than I do now.

I need to be reminded daily that I need to be storing up riches where they COUNT for something, and let me tell ya, that bank ain't on planet earth!

I am arranging my affairs so that my lone heir will have a nice bit o' pocket change when I'm on the other side of the sod. I just hope I die soon enough that he will benefit from it. Or I have enough wisdom to know how much to gift him while I'm living so that I can enjoy it as much as he.

My trust was set up so that he'd get payouts ever so often until he was 35. I wasn't too bright until then, so I assumed he would not be either. I was wrong; he'll be ready by 30 years old.

It does no one a favor to give him a fish, but a fishing pole is always appropriate.

But I believe any idiot should learn how to dig worms and bait a hook, or starve! Even my own son. That's harsh, but that's life. As Lazarus Long once said, "keep your kids short on cash and long on hugs." (Or something like that!)

Top Bottom