What's new

RALF AUST STRAIGHT RAZOR

$215 RALF AUST 6/8 STRAIGHT RAZOR WITH BONE SCALES. This magnificent razor from one of the premier razor makers is in excellent shave ready condition. Shaves great and really holds an edge. The spine is worked in a beautiful pattern. Purchased new from Ralf Aust. Price includes Priority Mail delivery in US.
IMG_0149.jpg
4HlUDUHjRuWgstJK1RY81A.jpg

What's the blade grind/bevel? Or could you add a picture of the tip of the blade head-on that shows its contour? Thanks.

Also, what is etched on the 'presentation' side of the blade? It's barely visible in the first photo.

~Kai

8E862679-FFF1-4704-B842-C07DFF8A08A2.jpeg

I have a similar one. Excellent razor.
@Kai all Aust blades are a very hollow grind and to me have proven to be fine shavers.

View attachment 918344
I have a similar one. Excellent razor.
@Kai all Aust blades are a very hollow grind and to me have proven to be fine shavers.

Thanks for your response, Acme.

While your razor looks incredibly similar, the blades are different. Maybe it's my noobish straight razor nature, but I have found that I prefer the thicker blade grinds (wedge, near wedge, half hollow, quarter hollow). The razor being sold here looks like it may have a thicker grind, but it's impossible to tell from the photo. Really surprised that @A Cut Above hasn't chimed in yet. Hopefully that just means he had a better Columbus Day weekend than I did. But I really do appreciate your shared experience, @Acmemfg .

The razor is full hollow and @Kai is correct. I have owned 5 Aust razors and they all have had full hollow grinds. In my opinion, you can't beat Aust's razors for craftsmanship, price and quality shave. There is engraving on one side of the blade.

Last edited:
Top Bottom