What's new

Radiator Pipes

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
...that means one left. All I wanna know is who's coming with us?
Turns out, not me. I got a call from Chris Morgan today. There was a glitch in the inventory system or something like that, and there wasn't actually a pipe available. So he refunded my money, and I'll just have to wait a while.

Kilroy6644

I was looking forward to having a Bones radiator buddy...darn
I was too. I'm kinda torn on what to do. Getting the set from Morgan is the most affordable way to go, but now that that's not an option, do I wait, or shell out more money to get one (non-Bones) elsewhere?

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I was too. I'm kinda torn on what to do. Getting the set from Morgan is the most affordable way to go, but now that that's not an option, do I wait, or shell out more money to get one (non-Bones) elsewhere?
If I were you I think I'd wait. I personally like the bones bowl, you'd be looking at almost double price to go another route...your wait might be long though. Maybe ask Chris when he thinks they'll be restocked?

I purchased mine from HWiebe, because I wanted a bent and purple frame with black bowl, then I just purchased a Bones bowl from Chris when they came back in stock. I mean the bowl is what makes it a bones anyway, not the frame. Just my thought process.

brandaves

C&D Bayou Morning in my newly arrived H. Wiebe stubby radiator with Bones bowl.
20200513_164624.jpg

I chose Bayou Morning because it's a tobacco I'm very familiar with and had a good baseline for rating the pipes performance.

First off, the pipe itself was smaller then I expected. You can get a good idea of the scale by using the lighter in the photo above as a reference. That didn't put me off though, I actually like the size quite a lot. The bowl is what you'd expect from Chris Morgan. It's beautifully carved and has wonderful lines with a rustic appeal. It smoked wonderfully with only a few relights. I did have to use a match for one relight as I had trouble getting the flame to my tobacco, but no big deal. I found it to burn cool and nicely dry. I would normally pass a pipe cleaner or two during a smoke but that wasn't necessary at all. When the smoke was done I simply unscrewed the bowl, dumped the dottle and found a surprising amount of moisture in the reservoir. This pipe does a fantastic job of separating the moisture and smokes great! I am definitely glad I purchased it and will invest in more bowls for it in the near future...and probably a few more stems as well.

Granted, that feedback is from one smoke but I'm very pleased with my purchase.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I purchased mine from HWiebe, because I wanted a bent and purple frame with black bowl, then I just purchased a Bones bowl from Chris when they came back in stock. I mean the bowl is what makes it a bones anyway, not the frame. Just my thought process.

This is my story exactly. Ordered the full bent purple frame and the big volcano bowl from Wiebe, and got the bones bowl when it came back in stock. I’m glad I did it this way. I like the bigger frame. And the volcano bowl is quite beautiful.

I am a big cigar smoker that dabbles in pipes. So I tend to puff on my pipes more than I’m supposed to. The radiator helps keep the smoke cooler and dryer for me when I over-puff... which is always. ;)

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

There’s a Bones Radiator estate in smokingpipes right now for short money. Someone should snatch that up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandaves

There’s a Bones Radiator estate in smokingpipes right now for short money. Someone should snatch that up!

Didn't see it...perhaps it already sold.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
It was in the American Estates. Just checked and it’s gone already. They do Pope up every month or two on there so it’s worth checking

Kilroy6644

I think I may give in and go the more expensive route. Who knows when Morgan will have the frames back in stock? So, straight or bent?

brandaves

Brown sandblast volcano, and a straight stubby frame in gunmetal. And since I was already spending money... there may have been a new Falcon too.
I've had the sandblast volcano in my cart on multiple occasions and still haven't pulled the trigger. I do have two bones bowls now and I love the pipe. I will buy more bowls for it.

Glad to hear you took the plunge. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The aesthetic is a little strange getting used to but it grows on you.

Kilroy6644

I've had the sandblast volcano in my cart on multiple occasions and still haven't pulled the trigger. I do have two bones bowls now and I love the pipe. I will buy more bowls for it.

Glad to hear you took the plunge. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The aesthetic is a little strange getting used to but it grows on you.
I'll probably pick up a Bones bowl later on. Maybe as a wedding present to myself. I considered getting one this time, but I didn't want to wait for two packages before I could smoke my pipe, and I was only in the market for one bowl.

Top Bottom