What's new

RAD killers under $USD 100

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The only RAD killer is free, stay off the internet!

79B21627-EDE8-4A1D-9AA7-9FB7DFFCF6C5.gif

The Lupo 95 was my RAD killer. Every week or so I switch between my Lupo and my GC 84, but more and more I'm preferring the Lupo. Wasn't expecting to gravitate toward such an efficient, balde-feely razor, but with a light touch it's a very smooth and comfortable shave.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230113_115504.jpg

Received the RR Lupo 95 SB this morning hopefully it is my RAD killer. I know all the cool kids are playing with the 95 OC but I have wanted this razor for years and I have finally got my hands on one. Wait and see, once I've shaved with it I won't be impressed and I'll be looking to buy an OC plate for it.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I just unlocked the hidden ram air injection lever on my RazoRock Mamba 0.53 last night and man did it become smoother and easier to use. Mine was a used razor courtesy of @Cafebarian who prefers steep angle shaving and the Mamba’s “steep” angle is shallower than most. Anyways, brand-spanking new in the $60-70 range and awesome.

To unlock the ram air injection lever, you have to imagine how @Whilliam shaves with an Oristo and BAM! the whiskers effortlessly disappear.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 1587429
Received the RR Lupo 95 SB this morning hopefully it is my RAD killer. I know all the cool kids are playing with the 95 OC but I have wanted this razor for years and I have finally got my hands on one. Wait and see, once I've shaved with it I won't be impressed and I'll be looking to buy an OC plate for it.
It's okay to prefer SB plates. ;)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It's okay to prefer SB plates. ;)
I took a closer look at the razors I'm using at the moment and quite a few of them have more scalloped safety bars... not open comb but with those relief dips in the SB. I'm not a razor designer but I thought it was interesting that I seem to like that feature, even though I wasn't aware of it until @Mr. Shavington pointed it out.

Mike M

IMG_20230113_122433.jpg

Razor: RR Lupo 95 SB
Blade: Personna Platinum(1)
Brush: RR Moka-soft Beehive
Soap: RR XXX

Tonight was my first shave with the Lupo 95. I was really looking forward to this, until I actually shaved with it. I was careful, but being European I am used to a lighter razor like the Muhles with their hollow handles and the Lupo HD handle is incredibly heavy and I don't think it does it any favours in the performance department.
I ended up with 3 cuts, 3, I ask you. I haven't had anything worse than weepers in years. I really don't think it was the razors fault but I will definitely try a lighter handle and see if it makes a difference. The good news is that once I had washed off the blood I actually had a BBS which is something to build on at least.

Different razors can definitely require a slightly different approach. Playing a dice game this year with random razor picks has been fun but definitely have to change my shave angle or "pressure" etc based on which razor I'm using.

View attachment 1587727

Tonight was my first shave with the Lupo 95. I was really looking forward to this, until I actually shaved with it. I was careful, but being European I am used to a lighter razor like the Muhles with their hollow handles and the Lupo HD handle is incredibly heavy and I don't think it does it any favours in the performance department.
I ended up with 3 cuts, 3, I ask you. I haven't had anything worse than weepers in years. I really don't think it was the razors fault but I will definitely try a lighter handle and see if it makes a difference. The good news is that once I had washed off the blood I actually had a BBS which is something to build on at least.
Sorry to hear about the cuts. The Lupo is blade forward so it can bite. I have to be a bit more careful when I use my Lupo. You’ll get the hang of it. Light touch.

Mike M

Please heal soon. That’s not what anyone meant by RAD killer.

If you search some Lupo-related threads, @SCh5 modified a Mühle Rocca handle to be a perfect match for the Lupo 0.95SB head.
I have a Rocca, but after trying a few handles the R41 was lighter so I was going to give that a go. I read that post by @SCh5 and have followed many of his posts with interest as he has an incredible knowledge of engineering and materials it's just a pity he hasn't posted in so long.

View attachment 1587727

I have the Lupo .95OC paired with the RazoRock Titanium Halo handle. The result is a very light and maneuverable razor which has become one of my favorites. For a titanium handle it is very reasonably priced.

Top Bottom