What's new

RAD killers under $USD 100

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
If I could find one cheap, I might have to apologize to the wife for buying it.

Don’t delay. Apologize right now for even thinking about it!

I used difficulty in getting Schick Proline P-Series blades (they’re like Feather Artist Club Pro blades more or less) to justify trying other razors a few years ago, but this is definitely an efficient razor to enjoy.

I’m told the “standard” is the best version of it, but I went for the open comb because it reminded me of the teeth of characters in Wallace and Gromit (along with razors, I also like animated shows and a good Wensleydale).

Wishing you receive your best outcome (be it a killer deal on a razor or patience and restraint).

Don’t delay. Apologize right now for even thinking about it!

I used difficulty in getting Schick Proline P-Series blades (they’re like Feather Artist Club Pro blades more or less) to justify trying other razors a few years ago, but this is definitely an efficient razor to enjoy.

I’m told the “standard” is the best version of it, but I went for the open comb because it reminded me of the teeth of characters in Wallace and Gromit (along with razors, I also like animated shows and a good Wensleydale).

Wishing you receive your best outcome (be it a killer deal on a razor or patience and restraint).

I realize I could get an aluminum one for less but I don’t want to settle for such a lightweight razor where I will have to get used to the weight (then have to relearn how to shave when I switch to SS).

I was all set to order one, but then I found out we need a new water heater, softener, and whole house filter sooner rather than later.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I must have violated a B&B rule.. one of my posts on this thread got deleted. I do wish I'd get a PM when that happens to know exactly what I did wrong. I'm going to reread the Terms of Use thread to make sure I know what rule I violated.

I do apologize if you read that post before it was deleted.

OK, I see what I did wrong. I had seen other people do the same thing so I didn't realize it was against the rules. I don't want to mention it here or that would just be another post that needed to be deleted.

Again, I apologize... it was ignorance.. not an attempt to bend the rules.

Nice!

It was my exclusive razor from 2012 to 2016.
It was literally love at first shave!

I then went down the rabbit hole again but in the past 12 months, I've settled on the Blackbird and Progress as my "razors for life".
I also have the Rockwell 6S for travel (I use only plate 6).
Interesting. I, too, used the Progress as my sole razors for several years. For me it seemed like the natural next step from my Gillette Super Adjustable. I know that there are a lot of Gillette adjustable fans, but the Progress always seemed to give me much better shaves than the Super Adjustable.

Now I have many more razors, and the ones that could have (but didn't) cure my RAD are Lupo .95OC, Blackland Dart and Christopher Bradley SB G. If you prefer efficient razors with some blade feel, any one of these could be the only razor you need. If you want a little less blade feel and a little less efficiency, the Muhle Rocca or Edwin Jagger 3one6 could be the answer.

In answer to the OP about having used razors above $100, my only experiences have been with the Feather AS-D1 (too mild) and the Blackbird (similar to the Dart, but I like the feel of the Dart better).

Reactions: nav
Interesting. I, too, used the Progress as my sole razors for several years. For me it seemed like the natural next step from my Gillette Super Adjustable. I know that there are a lot of Gillette adjustable fans, but the Progress always seemed to give me much better shaves than the Super Adjustable.

Now I have many more razors, and the ones that could have (but didn't) cure my RAD are Lupo .95OC, Blackland Dart and Christopher Bradley SB G. If you prefer efficient razors with some blade feel, any one of these could be the only razor you need. If you want a little less blade feel and a little less efficiency, the Muhle Rocca or Edwin Jagger 3one6 could be the answer.

In answer to the OP about having used razors above $100, my only experiences have been with the Feather AS-D1 (too mild) and the Blackbird (similar to the Dart, but I like the feel of the Dart better).

Before I got the progress, I had used a bunch of vintage razors, a few modern, injectors and GEMs.
I was not happy with any of them, for various reasons.

The progress was responsible for my definitive shift to DE razor shaving.

I've used karve; up to F, Timeless 95, ATT Windsor H1, Tatara nodachi, Yates H
And dozens of others...

These razors have fantastic efficiency but weren't great to my skin.

The blackbird and progress give me the balance of comfort, efficiency and the ability to do a 4 pass shave on a daily basis.
I absolutely adore these 2 razors and they are now all I use.
Along with a Rockwell 6S (plate 6) for travels.

Before I got the progress, I had used a bunch of vintage razors, a few modern, injectors and GEMs.
I was not happy with any of them, for various reasons.

The progress was responsible for my definitive shift to DE razor shaving.

I've used karve; up to F, Timeless 95, ATT Windsor H1, Tatara nodachi, Yates H
And dozens of others...

These razors have fantastic efficiency but weren't great to my skin.

The blackbird and progress give me the balance of comfort, efficiency and the ability to do a 4 pass shave on a daily basis.
I absolutely adore these 2 razors and they are now all I use.
Along with a Rockwell 6S (plate 6) for travels.

I was very disappointed with the Timeless 95. It shaves well WTG, but it's not very good XTG and ATG. Thank God I had the opportunity to try it out before I buy it. It's still a decent razor, but at that price range there are many other razors some of which are much cheaper that perform better for me

I was very disappointed with the Timeless 95. It shaves well WTG, but it's not very good XTG and ATG. Thank God I had the opportunity to try it out before I buy it. It's still a decent razor, but at that price range there are many other razors some of which are much cheaper that perform better for me
Just goes to show how different we all are as the Timeless Ti95 was my sole razor for just over 3yrs and delivered a 2.5 pass BBS every single shave out... That was until Blackland finally came out with the Ti Blackbird that took its place over a year ago and now that razor delivers a 2.5 pass BBS every shave out!!

Interesting how most talk about the price range of Timeless or Blackbird being so expensive, the Ti95 didn't cost a dime by the time I sold everything else it replaced off and the Ti Blackbird was like $80 when I sold off the Timeless!!

Yup...me too!
I was expecting so much more from the timeless! I was left very disappointed.
I found the ATT Windsor H to be one of the the best premium razors I've used, along with Yates.
(Before I found the blackbird)

The progress however, is magic!
The efficiency, the smoothness, the way it looks...It's the perfect razor and I would definitely give it top spot for sub-$100 RAD killer!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
After trying quite a few razors since September, for me, my favorite razor at the $100 price point is the Green Cult 2.0. It's the least expensive of my top 5 razors by far but the shaves it provides, again for me, are as good as the other 4. Every razor shaves a bit differently, of course, but I get a 12 hour shave with my Green Cult 2.0. I'm using the Level 2 plate, though I also have the Level 3 base plate. I haven't felt the need to try it because the efficiency of the Level 2 base plate is efficient enough for me. Who knows about the future.

Ordered a Lupo .95 SB over the weekend, a razor I have wanted for a very long time, it should be here in a few days. I'll have to see how it compares to the Muhle Rocca R94 that currently holds the position of my favourite razor
Congrats. I believe you'll notice a little more blade feel with the Lupo, but otherwise it should provide as good, or better, results than your Rocca. I find the Lupo a bit more prone to bite, compared to the Rocca so take it a little slow to begin with.

I’m in a different RAD league than you guys. I’ve never spent anywhere close to $100 on a razor. Even the ones I got replated at Back Roads Gold come in <$100 with the razor cost included. But, since I only collect vintage, it’s a whole different ball game.

In the spirit of this thread, however, my most expensive razor is the MERKUR PROGRESS (it’s also my only new razor), and I found it <$60. Although I’ve only had it about a week, I heartily agree with those who nominated it for a <$100 RAD Killer. I could see having it as my only razor, easy, if I got tired of collecting.

Hi Z,

No I am aware of the upper limit and I was committing on an earlier remark that someone did not find their killer under $100 and did find it in the Timeless Titanium.

As for the RAD killer under $100 I place my bets on the Fatip Piccolo. I got my nickel version for $11 I think. Excellent razor.

Just my views, YMMV.

Guido
18jwl2.jpg

I wholeheartedly concur about the Piccolo.

Top Bottom