What's new

RAD killers under $USD 100

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Tonight I gave the Lupo 95 another go but changed the handle with the handle from the R41. I have to say that changing the handle made it into a different razor all together and though it remains a very aggressive razor, but the change of handle made it manoeuvrable but still aggressive even with no pressure. I did open one of the cuts on my neck again, but not badly. I think I will use the R89 for a few days to let myself heal before I go back to the Lupo this time with the R94 handle.
Once again I ended up with a BBS and less blood than yesterday.
If I am to keep this razor I will need to find a lighter handle, maybe a smaller SS or a Ti handle so I will have to get looking.

Not sure if the RAD is dead, but it has definitely gone into remission since I picked up the Pearl Blaze. Way under the $100 limit at just 40 bucks (I actually got mine for 30 on Maggard's black Friday deal), and to say I'm impressed is an understatement. I've been using mine exclusively for the past several weeks, and getting consistently fine shaves. CNC machined solid brass, excellent fit and finish, perfect blade alignment, solid clamping, and a very comfortable and efficient shave, all at a price below many zamac razors. What else you need?

Maybe not a total RAD cure, but I'll be thinking long and hard before I can bring myself to shell out for another razor costing four or five times as much.

IMG_20230115_110546.jpg

I don't think my RAD is cured yet, it's just that I own 99% of both the vintage and the modern that I always wanted and the remaining 1% are mostly very rare and expensive razors or razors that I still haven't decide whatever are worth buying or not . For now, I will just wait and see if anything interesting shows up.

I don't think I have RAD, although reading the RR SuperSlant thread certainly gave me some thoughts, but after using the Wunderbar I convinced myself that I don't need another slant variant. Then using the Lupo killed the urge. On the other hand the shaving brush topics make me browse the webshops constantly. :badger:🐗

Top Bottom