What's new

RAD = Cured! 20 year supply arrived!

With the recent demise of ASR (I think) and the increasing difficulty of finding my preferred blade the much loved "Crystal", I decided to order a lot of 1000. They arrived yesterday. My wife thinks I'm nuts...and wants me to start giving them away if anyone even mentions an interest in traditional shaving. :cursing:

Not sure how generous I'll be, but I have a long time supply of "My Blade of choice"! :w00t:

She is making you give away blades that sucks. I am sure that there could be some favor or something you could do to keep them. I my blade just was about to go out of production I would do the same thing too.

Only 20 years? You better keep shopping!
I won't ask age, but everyone is living longer, you know!

You better reassess your blade count!
Shavepocalypse is getting closer!

Also, you better stock up on incandescent light bulbs, too.

Joe.

How does buying 1000 blades cure RAD? Your still going to need a bunch of razors to use all those blades up!

Hmmm. Blue-Crystals are MY current favorite as well and it doesn't take much to convince me to stockpile a few more than I already have. That said, Paul Rose wrote me and told me that he'd restocked and West Coast Shaving has again offered them in the individual blister-packs.

What I keep thinking is that we are not doomed to either stock Blue-Crystals or use a sharpened rock. Although they ARE my current favorites, there are a number of blades that are nearly as satisfactory and an even great number of brands that I could live with (before I resorted to the sharpened rock).

Then too, having been around B&B a relatively short time.... it does appear that the "best-blade-ever-made" is usually the one that was most recently discontinued. :001_rolle

Last edited:
bc9,

Errr...Maybe misunderstanding that ASR was sold in bankruptcy (to Energizer), not that ASR went bankrupt. I can't find anything recent that would suggest that ASR is out of business.

With the recent demise of ASR (I think) and the increasing difficulty of finding my preferred blade the much loved "Crystal", I decided to order a lot of 1000. They arrived yesterday. My wife thinks I'm nuts...and wants me to start giving them away if anyone even mentions an interest in traditional shaving. :cursing:

Not sure how generous I'll be, but I have a long time supply of "My Blade of choice"! :w00t:

Better lock them up so SWMBO doesn't start pifing them for you.:mellow:

Only 1,000? man, you gotta start really stocking up. When the Zombie Apocalypse comes, they'll be a good currency.

I remember thinking that I already had a lifetime supply of blades, therefore my RAD was cured. Now I keep buying more lifetime supplies of blades since I like to change things up on occasion. Your RAD is only over when your lifetime expires (before all your blades).

I remember thinking that I already had a lifetime supply of blades, therefore my RAD was cured. Now I keep buying more lifetime supplies of blades since I like to change things up on occasion. Your RAD is only over when your lifetime expires (before all your blades).

That's true. And I can only imagine what our SWMBOs are kids are going to think when they're going through our stuff after we're gone and seeing those huge stashes of blades, brushes and razors. They're going to think we were absolutely nuts. (Assuming they don't find anything more embarrassing than the blades :wink2:)

Only 20 years? You better keep shopping!
I won't ask age, but everyone is living longer, you know!

You better reassess your blade count!
Shavepocalypse is getting closer!

Also, you better stock up on incandescent light bulbs, too.

Joe.

Incandescent light bulbs will be around as low output resistance heaters...

Also package up some of those blades in sealed bags with a silica packet to keep them fresh for a good long time.

Phil

OK, are the Israeli Blues -or Reds for that matter- "officially" going bye-bye? :confused1 >Rummages for the popcorn< I only have 130 Blues left! :ohmy:

SHOWTIME! :clown:

Top Bottom