What's new

RAD and To Replate or Not To Replate?

Got a 1940s super slim as an inexpensive travel razor, a 1966 flare tip super speed and a 1966 slim, both as birth year razors. As a newbie, i'm trying to stick to the self-discipline of using the Merkur for 30 days before branching out in order to get my technique right, but I can't wait to try these others out!

Sweet, all great razors that should serve you well.

Back to the original topic. I actually like the patina and wear on a razor. It feels like it's part of the history. Also if I have multiples of a razor I almost always use the one with the most wear, I find it more relaxing.

Unless the razor has sentimental value or is a high valued collectable, a replate isn't a good return on investment. Often one can get a common razor in excellent condition for less than the replate cost.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

+1. I agree.

However, ROI may not be the goal. If you prefer to have a new looking razor, then a replate may be just the ticket. Totally depends on what you want IMHO.

Sweet, all great razors that should serve you well.

Back to the original topic. I actually like the patina and wear on a razor. It feels like it's part of the history. Also if I have multiples of a razor I almost always use the one with the most wear, I find it more relaxing.
Of course - least amount of worry over if you'll do something to damage it :)

Top Bottom