What's new

R.I.P. Chef Paul Prudhomme

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Legendary chef Paul Prudhomme died today at the age of 75. A great chef and an America Icon.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/10/08/legendary-chef-paul-prudhomme-dead-at-75/?intcmp=hpbt3

Dear Paul,

I plan to make the gumbo recipe from your book in your honor, I know it will turn out great.

R.I.P.

Growing up in New Orleans I absolutely loved him, and the blackened redfish at K Pauls will always be one of my favorites.

In New Orleans this has been all over the local news today, as one might guess.

It's a great loss of a culinary stalwart. If you're ever in New Orleans, try to get to his restaurant on Chartres. If you can't get reservations for dinner, they have a brunch on select days of the week. Totally worth it!

So sad, may be rest in peace. I was in New Orleans when he opened his first restaurant. I recall he and his wife were there and the restaurant was quite small. He did not accept reservations or credit cards. When I went there the restaurant was half full. I returned about a month later and the line of folks waiting to get in was staggering.

I left NOLA before he opened his restaurant but ever since I heard he had one, I wanted to return to the city and dine at K-Paul's. As I remember, he 'cut his teeth' at one of the other eateries there so I might have tasted something he prepared. R.I.P. Mssr. Prudhomme

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Never been to Chef Paul's restaurant, but I love me some blackened redfish that I've had in New Orleans.

Your legacy will live on.

I left NOLA before he opened his restaurant but ever since I heard he had one, I wanted to return to the city and dine at K-Paul's. As I remember, he 'cut his teeth' at one of the other eateries there so I might have tasted something he prepared. R.I.P. Mssr. Prudhomme

He was executive chef at Commanders Palace, another wonderful restaurant.

Top Bottom