What's new

Quitting Nicotine via Vaping!

I'll start by saying I haven't had a cigarette in 14 days. Today I stepped down from 6mg fluid to 5mg fluid, no withdrawal noted.

I started Vaping because everyone said it was better and cheaper. I didn't have much luck initially. Mainly because I was a cheap stubborn idiot and bought a Kanger Esmart setup with the old outdated 808D thread style. I really liked it because it was small and easily fit in my pocket, but they wicked fluid poorly and burned hot due to the top coil/short wick design. Plus new tanks are ~$3 each.

I gave up and started smoking again. After a while I did some research and got a cheap $9 eBay ego battery and charger with a CE4 tank. The long wicks made a dramatic improvement. Figuring there was better I did some research and bought an EVOD tank that was a bottom coil design and a 1.8 ohm and 2.2 ohm coil. After that success I bought two variable matching EVOD 650 mah batteries. With the 2.2 ohm coils I found an acceptable cigarette substitute.

I use Mt. Baker juice, at a 65/35 PG/VG ratio and get a smooth feel that doesn't irritate my throat.

Yesterday I mixed my straight 6mg fluid with 0mg fluid to make 5mg, no detectable withdrawal. With the patch on the first step down from 14mg (light smoker) to 7mg I felt borderline homicidal, lol.

In two weeks I'll go down to 4mg, and so on every two weeks.

Using a liberal guess I'll say that I'll go through $10 worth of coils by the time I hit 0 in 10 weeks and $56 worth of fluid.

In short, if you can make a game plan and do your research I feel this can be much more effective than the patch and quitting smoking and eventually Vaping altogether. I also look forward to having some 0mg as a standby in case I get a "craving." I'm not there yet, but to anyone that's been in my shoes I'll throw this out there

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have no idea what all those letters and numbers mean, but it sounds like it's working for you. Good job.

I've been doing something similar and I agree with you. Vaping seems like a better way to quit than gum or patches than I've tried in the past.

Congrats! I know a few cig smokers that have fully converted to just vaping, and a couple that have dropped the nic content done to 0 even, though one of them still vapes just cause they like it and the flavor at that point. Putting together a plan and solid timeline is the way to do it, if that is the goal. Good luck on it, those little demon sticks are not easy to beat.

Congrats! I haven't had a cig in years because of vaping and I've been nic free for months now. Its awesome. Definitely takes some will power but once you make the decision to be fully done with cigs its not bad. I still like to vape even without the nic. It tastes good and is more fun than reaching for a piece of candy or gum. My tattoo artist started a vape shop and I'm now making their juice for them, so I really get to have fun with it now.

Congrats.. I am 32 days without a smoke, thanks to vaping.. It has not really saved me any money yet though. But thats my own fault. Its my new AD

I have no idea what all those letters and numbers mean, but it sounds like it's working for you. Good job.

Neither did I not too long ago! I figured I'd post just so people may feel encouraged and not as intimidated by the vast choices out there, and what my experience has been so far. Good to see people replying that they know others that have done the same thing. There are a lot of choices, and without going full out custom with a mechanical style vape setup or winding your own coils.

Vaping saved me. 2 pack a day, then cigars. Haven't had tobacco in 6 months.
Used the money I saved to buy a Provari, which greatly enhanced my vape experience.

The elliptical at my gym said I did just over 5 miles today at 3/4 of the most difficult setting. My skin is notable less aged on my face as well.

Time to break out the knee braces, this was easier when I could blame my lungs, lol

Congratulations and well done! I started vaping a couple of months ago as a means to get my fiancee and I off of cigarettes. We haven't completely done away with them yet, but we've greatly reduced the number that we smoke. Next step is letting them go completely.

Vaping can definitely turn into a hobby. I thought I'd be happy with an Evod Twist and Mini Pro Tank setup, but then that lead to a VV/VW box mod (MVP2) and eventually dripping on mech mods. I normally use liquid with nicotine, but even the 0mg liquid is enjoyable.

Keep on vaping!

hey there,

i've been vaping for 3 years now, best decision i ever made, don't know if you know about ecf but it's a great place to learn about the hobby

34 Days without a cigarette. Just started 3.5 MG juice yesterday. Only thing I've changed is instead of cutting my juice by 1 MG every two weeks I'm doing .5 MG cuts every week. It's slightly noticeable the first day at work when I cut down as I vape a little more but it's been pretty smooth sailing. Pretty good into the saving money area as well!

34 Days without a cigarette. Just started 3.5 MG juice yesterday. Only thing I've changed is instead of cutting my juice by 1 MG every two weeks I'm doing .5 MG cuts every week. It's slightly noticeable the first day at work when I cut down as I vape a little more but it's been pretty smooth sailing. Pretty good into the saving money area as well!

Right on!

Top Bottom