What's new

Quite smitten by The Body Shop brush

I don't know if any of you gents have tried their very inexpensive brush, but I am very impressed with it after a week of daily use. Anyone have an opinion of this brush?

It was my first brush. I found several other brushes, some cheaper, that worked better for me. If you like soft synthetics, the Muhle silvertip fiber is very nice.

I ended up going to boar brushes.

So that you and others may learn from my stupidity, make sure to shake/gently squeeze the water out of the brush before putting it away to dry. I splintered my handle from water damage on that brush. :blushing:

It was my first brush. I found several other brushes, some cheaper, that worked better for me. If you like soft synthetics, the Muhle silvertip fiber is very nice.

I ended up going to boar brushes.

So that you and others may learn from my stupidity, make sure to shake/gently squeeze the water out of the brush before putting it away to dry. I splintered my handle from water damage on that brush. :blushing:

I want to get the Muhle 106 brush to match my R106 razor. Is the soft synthetic brush similar to the consistency of a badger brush? I really like the texture.

I want to get the Muhle 106 brush to match my R106 razor. Is the soft synthetic brush similar to the consistency of a badger brush? I really like the texture.

I was going to say that IMHO the BS brush is a good starter towards other synth brushes. For me I've stuck with the FS Gen 3 faux horn tubby as my go to synth traveler. I say traveler, but I used it only yesterday with Arko. It loves it.
$FS synth.jpg

I find the Body Shop brush great for travelling. It cleans easily and dries quickly.
It's second generation synthetic I believe so it feels good on the face but requires a different technique from my boars, horse and badger. It acts more like a hairy spoon for adding water and whisking lather, but it never really becomes wet in the way that naturals do

Also my first brush, now retired to my wash bag for use as a travel brush. After reading this post I may have to use it tomorrow, just to keep the bristles supple. A great brush for the money.

I find the Body Shop brush great for travelling. It cleans easily and dries quickly.
It's second generation synthetic I believe so it feels good on the face but requires a different technique from my boars, horse and badger. It acts more like a hairy spoon for adding water and whisking lather, but it never really becomes wet in the way that naturals do

I have have noticed it does take some effort to keep moisture in the brush. But I still love the feel. My next brush will be a badger but the one I want is quite pricy.

Also my first brush, and is still my daily shaver. I think it's been about 1.5 years of daily use since I got it and it's been living in the shower. It's now finally showing signs of wear, like the bristles separating from about half the hold of the handle and some discoloration of the handle.

It still works great, doesn't wobble and rarely sheds. It's being replaced by a FS pur tech that's on the way since it's starting to look bad.

Top Bottom