What's new

Quirky things you do as part of your shave routine!

I thought this would be interesting to know!
During my shave yesterday, I noticed a few quirky things that I do.

1. When I grab my razor to shave, I run my finger lightly on both sides of the blade (South to North) to feel it's sharpness. I have no idea why I do this since I'm sure my fingers can't feel the difference of a new blade vs. a duller blade, Lol!!

2. I take a deep whiff of the cream in the container (before I scoop it out) even though I use the same cream every day.

3. When I'm done shaving, I dry my face with a towel without patting it (as recommended to avoid irritation). I like feeling like my face if fully dry!

Anyone else have some quirkiness in their shaves?

I take a photo… that’s pretty quirky right! 🤣🤣

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I thought this would be interesting to know!
During my shave yesterday, I noticed a few quirky things that I do.

1. When I grab my razor to shave, I run my finger lightly on both sides of the blade (South to North) to feel it's sharpness. I have no idea why I do this since I'm sure my fingers can't feel the difference of a new blade vs. a duller blade, Lol!!

2. I take a deep whiff of the cream in the container (before I scoop it out) even though I use the same cream every day.

3. When I'm done shaving, I dry my face with a towel without patting it (as recommended to avoid irritation). I like feeling like my face if fully dry!

Anyone else have some quirkiness in their shaves?
The quirkiest thing I see here is that you use the same cream everyday! Blasphemous! :)

As for me, when I replace my brush on the stand the logo or writing (depending on the brush) must be properly centered and facing forward... there is NO room for those being askew. But I think that's pretty normal :/

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
For as long as I have been shaving I have been annoyed at water droplets running down my left arm to my elbow from where they fall onto my left foot or more precisely onto my left slipper, or house shoe. As a result I took to removing my left shoe to shave whilst leaving the right one on.

Now, I have been shaving this way for so long that it feels unnatural and unbalanced to shave without wearing only my right shoe. I will go so far as to say that the shave is noticeably better wearing only my right shoe than if I wear no shoes or both shoes, or that may not be true. According to Aristotle "You are what you repeatedly do" - I am a one shoe shaver.

I face lather
With doap, I load brush directly
But with cream, i put a cream in bowl, add a bit of water, wait for the bloom, and smear brush in it, just to get even spread on the brush, and then start face lathering

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Like so many here I also take a photo though usually earlier in the day when nobody's about, wouldn't want the family to think I'm weird or something.
When I'm not on a 3017 kick it can take me hours to decide what to use.
I clean all my gear in a particular order.
Finally I write about the shave and post it to a shaving forum as if anyone would be interested in reading about it.

What would come to mind is that, once finished, I remove all the lather from my brush & bowl and spread it over my entire head (Im a head shaver) and let it sit there for extra skin nourishment/conditioning while I clean my stuff and brush my teeth. Only then do I wash everything off before I turn to the aftershave.

And the routine is complete with this:

Top Bottom