What's new

Questions, questions, questions. . .

#1. Vision or Fat Boy?
I'd been getting really good shaves with my Vision, but gave into a case of RAD and picked up a Fat Boy on eBay. The first time with it I loaded a Feather and got a really wonderful shave--much better than with my last FB and Merkur or Derby. Now, truth be told, there are actually more *tiny* patches of stubble left behind with the FB, even after a "Ron 4 pass," but the overall shave feels smoother somehow--how is this possible? And what to do--stay with the FB and work on my technique, adjustmenst, etc., or go back to the Vision?

#2. Is Nancy Boy a cult?
Today's shave left me feeling a tad lighter in the loafers--"not that there's anything wrong with that!" :wink:
It was an all-Nancy-Boy experience, from soap to shampoo to shave cream to after shave to cologne--and each product works superbly, smells great and leaves your face and hair feeling super.
So, what other company or house can match the wide range and consistently high quality of products offered by the guys at Nancy Boy? Not to mention the laundry soap and other home products? And the astonishingly great customer service, freebies, etc.? Anyone? Anyone?

#3. Have I reached a plateau?
So, after 3 months of wet shaving my shaves finally got consistently good. Very smooth, nary a whisker in sight, and extremely enjoyable.
Now, for whatever reason(s), I seem to have peaked--after each shave I faceturbate, and am surprised/disappointed to feel unexpected stubble, and an hour or 2 later my bottom lip often feels like I hadn't even shaved.
What gives? Am I expecting too much? Should I ramp down my goals of achieving a perfect shave each time out? Am I worrying too much about a simple shave?

Thanks for indulging me! And I look forward to your sage advice!

mrob said:
#1. Vision or Fat Boy?
Fat Boy, HD, and Slant Bar

mrob said:
#2. Is Nancy Boy a cult?
Only if you haven't joined.

mrob said:
#3. Have I reached a plateau?
Quite possibly. Every few months, I find myself in a similar place. So far, each of these has been followed by either an equipment change or a small tweak in technique that has drastically improved my overall shave. Hang in there.

Top Bottom