What's new

Questions about spray method to transfer frags and oxidation

Folks,
I don't get too heavily into Frags so this noob has a question:

I've read several threads indicating an easy way to transfer a cologne to a sample/travel container is to simply spray from the larger bottle into the destination container.

My question is whether oxidation becomes an issue - short or longer term. When dispensing through an atomizer the product is, well,,, atomized and I figured a lot of surface area comes into contact with oxygen. For some products oxygen is a killer and causes things to age, change flavor and just plain oxidize (the cause of the prior issues mentioned).

Is this an issue with frags?

I've never noticed a change in scent after transferring to a different atomizer or container, but I may use them up before that kind of change would be noticeable?

Folks,
I don't get too heavily into Frags so this noob has a question:

I've read several threads indicating an easy way to transfer a cologne to a sample/travel container is to simply spray from the larger bottle into the destination container.

My question is whether oxidation becomes an issue - short or longer term. When dispensing through an atomizer the product is, well,,, atomized and I figured a lot of surface area comes into contact with oxygen. For some products oxygen is a killer and causes things to age, change flavor and just plain oxidize (the cause of the prior issues mentioned).

Is this an issue with frags?

If you spray it directly into a funnel (glass or clean plastic) the mist will quickly liquify. The brief dispersal of the liquid into the air shouldn't affect the quality of the scent at all. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom