What's new

Questions about Gillette Blades...

PPI produces some of the best blades. I could list a Gillette blade in my top 10 for each position. Some of my favorites in no particular order are:

7 O'clock Sharp Edge Yellow
Perma Sharp (gold,red)
GSB
Platinum
Polsilver/Wizamet
Nacet
Astra SP
Sputnik
Minora

Non-PPI Gillette:
Platinum Plus (Brazil)
Steelerfan….quick question: where can I order those Polsilver/Wizamet blades? Thanks!

PPI produces some of the best blades. I could list a Gillette blade in my top 10 for each position. Some of my favorites in no particular order are:

7 O'clock Sharp Edge Yellow
Perma Sharp (gold,red)
GSB
Platinum
Polsilver/Wizamet
Nacet
Astra SP
Sputnik
Minora

Non-PPI Gillette:
Platinum Plus (Brazil)
Unfortunately, the only ones produced today in Brazil are the Wilkinson ones, and maybe they are the only ones in the world that come with 3 blades. And even then they are not so good.
wilkinso.jpg

Edgewell Personal Care who owns the Personna and Schick brands makes Wilkinson Sword Classic Blades in Germany.

P&G/Gillette owns the rights to use the Wilkinson Sword trademark in some regions of the world. The blades I have used were made in India for the Asian market, but may be made in Brazil for the South American market.

Both versions of the blades are available in North America. The two blades are significantly different. I consider the Gillette Wilkies to be on par with Gillette Platinum and Gillette Silver Blue. The German made Classic blades are sharper, especially after the somewhat thick coating wears off. They are more similar to the 7 O'Clock Blacks. These later two blades are more expensive than most blades. The Classics run about $20 per 100 blades and the Blacks are around $30.

Top Bottom