What's new

Questions about damaged cigars

I am relatively new to cigars and don’t fully know what is deemed acceptable vs unacceptable when it comes to cigar conditions. I have decided to build up a bit of an inventory to let age over the winter and have made a few purchases online to save a good bit.

The retailer I purchased from has an easy return policy which I have already had to use once. I don’t what to have to use it often but wonder what registers as red flags for cigar conditions for you guys with more experience

I have received my 2nd bundle of 5 cigars that are in better condition than the first. These feel better than the first did as well. My main concern is related to the wrappers. These are a shade wrapper and I know they are thin and a bit more delicate than a sungrown or Maduro. If the wrapper is cracked or flaked what do you do? Return, take note and handle with care?

I have attached this phot for reference.
70764F60-B5CA-4744-A0D6-5D6DE7E51DDE.jpeg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
If it’s only the wrapper I would just smoke it, if it goes down to the binder it might be a hard smoke. Depending on the cost I might just smoke it and stop using that vendor. TBO I never got damaged cigars yet so the vendor may need to improve their packing or check their cigars better before shipping. Who is the vendor? Things out of their control happen too.

If it’s only the wrapper I would just smoke it, if it goes down to the binder it might be a hard smoke. Depending on the cost I might just smoke it and stop using that vendor. TBO I never got damaged cigars yet so the vendor may need to improve their packing or check their cigars better before shipping. Who is the vendor? Things out of their control happen too.

i am buying from famous-smoke. They were great with handling the return. My last order of 50 cigars had 5 damaged cigars, 3 of them were the same as what arrived today and is pictured. They just refunded the cost of the two others. I returned the full 5pk bundle of the type pictured above as 3/5 were damaged, and now the replacement arrived and one has a few large cracks in the wrapper and another has a spot that is flaking.

i also have had another order from this vendor a few weeks ago and there were no issues at all. I’m more so wondering if it isn’t as much the vendor as much as it is the specific cigar and and it’s size. Tabak Dulce Gordito.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
i am buying from famous-smoke. They were great with handling the return. My last order of 50 cigars had 5 damaged cigars, 3 of them were the same as what arrived today and is pictured. They just refunded the cost of the two others. I returned the full 5pk bundle of the type pictured above as 3/5 were damaged, and now the replacement arrived and one has a few large cracks in the wrapper and another has a spot that is flaking.

i also have had another order from this vendor a few weeks ago and there were no issues at all. I’m more so wondering if it isn’t as much the vendor as much as it is the specific cigar and and it’s size. Tabak Dulce Gordito.

Possibly but who knows? I use CI, and my Dad used Famous. Good thing they good customer service.

You can make your own cigar glue. Half pectin, half distilled water. Keep it in a small mason jar or something else with a lid. Use your finger or q-tip to touch it up once you take it out of the cellophane.

Did you have to pay for return shipping??
Anyways, how were they packaged, just thrown in a box or was their air wrap around them.
If there was no protection, then I would change vendors, and buy from someone else.
there are a ton of cigars out there at prob the same price point, CHeck out Cigars Intl or cigars .com

The cigars were well packed. On my large order, they may have shifted some on transit. In the box there were some airbags but the bundles were not wrapped in bubble wrap or anything.

return shipping was easy, printed a ups label and dropped it off at the local ups store. Very easy and didn’t cost a dime.Famous-smoke was extremely easy to deal with.

For something like that
I would just take another sip
of whatever I was drinking and spit on the wrapper.

Sometimes I do that
even if the only thing wrong with the wrapper
is that I suspect that it may be a little dry.

I have good luck with Famous. Glad to hear about the good customer service if there's a problem. It's probably not the vendor. Cigars are just problematic on occasion.

Top Bottom