What's new

Question regarding cleaning and disassembly of an Eclipse Red Ring

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Gentlemen, I have in the past disassembled a TTO razor such as a Gillette Red Tip by removing the small screw in the handle using a forked screwdriver and then removing the T bar and door assembly. I have cleaned and lubricated the parts before reassembling them and also adjusted a lazy door if required. It occurred to me that I have never disassembled my Eclipse Red Ring razor which is the two piece model and that brings me to my question. Is there a way to remove the bottom adjustment knob on a two piece version of this razor? I would prefer a method with little or no possibility of damage to the razor itself. Thank you.

R

romsitsa

It’s like a Gillette, but the crimp is at the very end of the tube. Recrimping (if necessary) is the tricky part.

Adam

Saw this in an old post, circa September 2017;
I've taken it apart but felt like a DA because the insert didn't come out of the handle! In all I've read about a Red Ring, I had no idea the insert was captured. It's more of a 2 piece.

At first I thought there was a trick to it. I certainly didn't want to break it so I contacted my razor guy, the best in the business, to confirm. Apparently, some come apart and some don't.
Is there a way to remove the bottom adjustment knob on a two piece version of this razor? I would prefer a method with little or no possibility of damage to the razor itself.
If the knob does not come out easily, leave it alone.

Top Bottom