What's new

Question on Proraso Wood and Spice

I just got a 9.5 oz. tube of Proraso Single Blade Wood and Spice cream. Just finished shaving with it. I'ts good shave cream..but....the scent from the tube I got can only be described as menthol, with a possible light hint of wood. I't a good menthol scent, but, I would not have bought it if I knew. the shave was good, lather and cushion are great. the question....Is this really supposed to be menthol forward, with a possible vague slight hint of wood??

mine had definite wood, spice plus menthol.
perhaps you got a bad or very old batch.
ask for a replacement from your vendor.
also try the cologne, it's excellent.

proraso wood spice muehle joris symmetrical pottery july 9 2017.jpg

Thanks for the replies, guys, I'm thinking I got an old tube. I'm going to use it, it's not an unpleasant menthol, just not what I expected. As far as the lather, cushion, slickness, and how it feels on my face, it's very good stuff, just no "wood" scent to speak of at all .

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hopefully that was a bad tube. I’ve been considering it along with the lime. Anyone try that?

FWIW, I have tried all 6 Proraso lines and the single one I find truly enjoyable is their Cypress & Vetiver.

1615304416851.png

The rest, to my nose, goes from unbearable (white, green) to meh (yellow, red, blue).

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I get a definite wood and spice scent with just a hint of menthol. I found it to be one of the best Proraso scents, up there with sandalwood, and it lasts on your skin for a while after the shave

Compared to real menthol soap this is not much menthol and the wood spice definitely comes through.
Not sure if I would buy the soap again all prorasos feel a bit synthetic to me.
The as and asb are great though

Is this a new scent from Proraso?? I've never tried any of theirs besides Sandalwood (soap or cream), and love them both
so much that I've never tried any of their other offerings!!

Is this a new scent from Proraso?? I've never tried any of theirs besides Sandalwood (soap or cream), and love them both so much that I've never tried any of their other offerings!!
I don't think it's new, but it's only available in the "Single Blade" line of products which, I think, tends to draw less attention.

There are three scents in the SB line, Wood and Spice, Azure Lime and Cypress & Vetyver.

Proraso Single Blade product line

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I don't think it's new, but it's only available in the "Single Blade" line of products which, I think, tends to draw less attention.

There are three scents in the SB line, Wood and Spice, Azure Lime and Cypress & Vetyver.

Proraso Single Blade product line
Yes “new” relatively speaking.
I love the lime which I just got. I might give wood spice a try but probably more a winter scent?

Scent was so bad for me I had to PIF it to someone. It compared only to Tabac which I had to BIN as soon as I opened the package. No need to spending life using scents that you don’t enjoy.

Top Bottom