What's new

Question on Declaration Grooming soap

I figured that I was getting in a rut with my current collection of soaps that will definitely outlast me, and decided to look at other artisan offerings/scents to reinvigorate my mornings. I went a bit crazy and got a bunch of samples (and purchased a few full pucks based on the samples).
One of the samples was Declaration Grooming (Massacre of the Innocents), which I tried this morning, and was surprised to find that the consistency was that of a cream and not a croap. Their website calls it a soap, so I am a bit confused - did I get a sample from a bad batch, or is it supposed to be super soft consistency?
If this was a bad batch, I will definitely try some of their other scents - I can understand if there was a proportioning error during the manufacture of one batch - it happens. However, if it is supposed to be a cream consistency, I would pass.
Could some of fellow enthusiasts who use DG clear up this for me?

It's pretty soft which is what a croap is. If it's runny like regular yoghurt vs Greek yoghurt then that would probably be defective. If you swipe a shaken brush across the top are you actually picking up anything?

It's pretty soft which is what a croap is. If it's runny like regular yoghurt vs Greek yoghurt then that would probably be defective. If you swipe a shaken brush across the top are you actually picking up anything?
You are right - I have been exposed to Mike's Natural, B&M, WC, etc. which are more of crOAP, while this one is more like CRoap. I can very easily smear it in my palm, but a shaken brush does not pick it up.
Regardless, it gave a good shave and decent aftershave feel.

Top Bottom