What's new

Question for those that own Timeless and Rockwell razors.

Good grief, people.....have you tried reading the vendor’s website?!

I should add that not only is this unhelpful but you assume falsely that the vendor's site contains the information, it doesn't.

There aren't even photos of the handles with the codes that they reference when someone is selecting their choice 😯. In fact, their whole site should have a lot more detail in it.

Personally this thread is not only valuable to the OP but to others reading it who wish to know more to make an informed decision. I've learnt a lot from this forum.

Here is the most helpful video you will ever find on Timeless Razors, it's hard to find this video too... it's doesn't come up on their videos via a search. ENJOY!!!!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I had the Rockwell 6s and was an original backer when it was on KS. It shaved very well, but I couldn’t get past the blocky industrial look, and the huge size of the head. The Timeless, on the other hand, is a work of art and shaves like a dream. That too has quite a large head relatively, but it seems to work both visually, and with regard to shave dynamics. After a few years of occasional use, the Rockwell had been sold. I currently have 4 Timeless razors that I use often. So that is how I feel about the comparison. I have a SS .95 SB, SS .68 SB, .38 Bronze, and the Aluminum. All four razors offer something different and compelling about the way they shave. They are all visually stunning. They are all keepers.

I had the Rockwell 6s and was an original backer when it was on KS. It shaved very well, but I couldn’t get past the blocky industrial look, and the huge size of the head. The Timeless, on the other hand, is a work of art and shaves like a dream. That too has quite a large head relatively, but it seems to work both visually, and with regard to shave dynamics. After a few years of occasional use, the Rockwell had been sold. I currently have 4 Timeless razors that I use often. So that is how I feel about the comparison. I have a SS .95 SB, SS .68 SB, .38 Bronze, and the Aluminum. All four razors offer something different and compelling about the way they shave. They are all visually stunning. They are all keepers.
Thanks for your input! I am an everyday shaver so I have to ask you a question. I know this a subjective question as the answer will be different for different people. Do you find the SS .95 SB to be mild enough for every day shaving?

Interesting, so does the Tradere win out as not as comfortable but more efficient than the Timeless? I have Timeless Ti .68 scalloped. It is great, but Blackland Tradere and H&S no. 75 are piqueing my interest.
They are certainly different razors. The Blackland Tradere holds the blade flat without even the slightest bend and has what to me looks like a much larger gap (I haven’t seen any official measurements). The Timeless Titanium is substantially lighter and has the “softer titanium face feel”.

I find the Blackland Tradere SB to be the more efficient of the two and still very comfortable for daily shaves. But I also found there to be a much steeper learning curve. Initially I found myself fighting the heavier weight and longer handle. I also needed to use a much shallower angle. I saw the potential immediately but it took about 10 or 11 shaves to enjoy and after about 30 shaves I am not looking to add additional razors.

After almost two months of using the Blackland Tradere daily I went on a two week business trip and used the Timeless Titanium daily. The feel and shaves could not be faulted. I might give a slight edge to the Timeless for comfort. I also find Feather blades to match ideally with the Timeless. Nacet is probably my top blade in the Blackland Tradere SB.

For me, I think that at least for now, the flat blade position and the additional efficiency are what has made the Blackland Tradere my most used razor.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Thanks for your input! I am an everyday shaver so I have to ask you a question. I know this a subjective question as the answer will be different for different people. Do you find the SS .95 SB to be mild enough for every day shaving?
I am typically an every-other-day shaver. And I have fairly sensitive skin. So for me it would be a stretch to use the .95 every day. If I needed to pick a razor to use every day, it would probably be the Wolfman WR2 1.15, or the Timeless .68. Maybe the Game Changer 84p. Those razors are all way smoother for me than the Timeless .95. Ymmv.

I am typically an every-other-day shaver. And I have fairly sensitive skin. So for me it would be a stretch to use the .95 every day. If I needed to pick a razor to use every day, it would probably be the Wolfman WR2 1.15, or the Timeless .68. Maybe the Game Changer 84p. Those razors are all way smoother for me than the Timeless .95. Ymmv.
Thanks again for your input. None of us can know how a razor will perform for a different person but getting a consensus based upon the experiences of others is helpful. You have helped me confirm that my decision to go with .65 SB is most likely the best for me based upon the way that I shave. :punk:

M

member 119848

I have enjoyed my Rockwell 6S, it was my first razor and still my best razor. I do expect to enjoy the Timeless more though. I haven’t ruled out getting the .95 SB plate in the future but for now I am going to regard it as a future option.
Timeless are one of those razors that I have sold, and bought back because of seller´s remorse. :001_smile

The .68 plate that you have is also the perfect choice for a daily shaver, and up to 2 days of growth. (assuming that you are an average man in terms of hair growth).
The .95 is of course more efficient but not as comfortable as the .68. And comfort becomes a priority when shaving daily. And the .68 plate is just as efficient as an R3 plate and even may be R4 on the Rockwell system. When I had these two plates, the .95 was only put into use when I had more than 2 days of growth.

Congratulations for your Timeless. Please let us know your impressions when you use it! :wink2:

Timeless are one of those razors that I have sold, and bought back because of seller´s remorse. :001_smile

The .68 plate that you have is also the perfect choice for a daily shaver, and up to 2 days of growth. (assuming that you are an average man in terms of hair growth).
The .95 is of course more efficient but not as comfortable as the .68. And comfort becomes a priority when shaving daily. And the .68 plate is just as efficient as an R3 plate and even may be R4 on the Rockwell system. When I had these two plates, the .95 was only put into use when I had more than 2 days of growth.

Congratulations for your Timeless. Please let us know your impressions when you use it! :wink2:
Will do and thanks for your input. I understand buying and selling then buying the same razor again. I think sometimes our expectations are pretty high and this new razor is going to be the "perfect one". Once we have it, we realize it isn't all we thought it could be or perhaps it performs really well and we get bored with it because it no longer challenges us so we seek a new experience, then later regret selling it because we miss what the razor offered.

Ugh. I think I have almost talked myself into getting both the .68 and ..95 SB plates. I won't ever know which is better for me until I shave with both. Let me be clear, this isn't a need, it is RAD pure and simple. I gotta stop going to that website and looking at those razors!
Yes you definitely should stop looking and just hit buy. I have somewhat sensitive skin and don't want a lot of blade feel. The feel of titanium will be completely different level and more comfortable. I used to use Rockwell 6C with setting 4 but Ti68 gives much more comfortable and closer shave. Yes, only by trying it you can decide if you want .68 or or 95 plate but if you want a mild razor then. 68 is the way to go

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I use the .68 oc
I find that does the trick in terms of mold and aggression. I also endorse buying both although I don’t use the 6s much anymore

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Ugh. I think I have almost talked myself into getting both the .68 and ..95 SB plates. I won't ever know which is better for me until I shave with both. Let me be clear, this isn't a need, it is RAD pure and simple. I gotta stop going to that website and looking at those razors!
Get the razor kit you want most, like the 68 solid bar. Then hit the scratch and dent for the other baseplate. Win-win.

The polished Timeless SS .68 SB has arrived. It is beautiful! Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning to use it. Here are some comparison photos with my Rockwell 6S. Four things stand out when looking at the two. The bling appearance of the Timeless compared to the Rockwell is dramatic. The Timeless clamps the blade almost to the end of the top cap and the Rockwell leaves much of the blade unsupported. I don't expect any blade chatter with the Timeless. The Timeless standard 100 mm handle is longer than the one that came with the Rockwell. I did have an option for a 85 mm handle but I found that I enjoy longer handles. Lastly, while it was never a problem for me, the Timeless has large lather channels and larger lather ports than the Rockwell. If it ever clogs I will be surprised. I really don't notice the extra weight of the Timeless over the Rockwell, both feel substantial.

T&R 1.jpg

T&R 2.jpg

The Timeless SS .68 is easily an everyday shaver

The polished Timeless SS .68 SB has arrived. It is beautiful! Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning to use it. Here are some comparison photos with my Rockwell 6S. Four things stand out when looking at the two. The bling appearance of the Timeless compared to the Rockwell is dramatic. The Timeless clamps the blade almost to the end of the top cap and the Rockwell leaves much of the blade unsupported. I don't expect any blade chatter with the Timeless. The Timeless standard 100 mm handle is longer than the one that came with the Rockwell. I did have an option for a 85 mm handle but I found that I enjoy longer handles. Lastly, while it was never a problem for me, the Timeless has large lather channels and larger lather ports than the Rockwell. If it ever clogs I will be surprised. I really don't notice the extra weight of the Timeless over the Rockwell, both feel substantial.

View attachment 1205526

View attachment 1205527
Very nice razor my friend you are in for a treat, congratulations 🎉

Good move that Rockswell has a design like a kindergarten drew it with crayons after eating a peanut butter jelly Tim Hortons dougnut.

No idea about Timex razors tho.

Top Bottom