What's new

Question for the ladies, leg shaving with a str8?

A friend of ours, a woman in her middle 50's has asked about leg shaving with a straight. She would like to buy a razor from me but I'm not absolutely sure on how to advise her on what size and point style. Do any ladies associated with this forum use a str8 to shave their legs? My wife uses a DE and AOS women's cream and brush and loves it. Ok guys, this is a legit question.:hand:

A friend of ours, a woman in her middle 50's has asked about leg shaving with a straight. She would like to buy a razor from me but I'm not absolutely sure on how to advise her on what size and point style. Do any ladies associated with SRP use a str8 to shave their legs? My wife uses a DE and AOS women's cream and brush and loves it. Ok guys, this is a legit question.:hand:

well this is B&b so i am not sure if you are making the post in the right area

round point wedge or 1/2 hollow in 3/8 to 5/8 would likely serve best for legs.
I would absolutely not recommend a spike.
A shorter razor might be good as well, think of what you might use for detail work around your nose and ears. If you have a razor that isn't a spike and works great in those tight areas, it would probably serve for legs, pits, and those other sensitive areas women like to shave.

Does she know about the need for regular stropping and periodic honing/touch ups? DE would be a LOT easier.

Yes, she is well informed about razors. Her daughter is a graduate of my high school band. She played oboe and I made her a reed knife and she does her own honing now. Having watched her daughter learn about doing her reed knives gave her quite an education.

Top Bottom