What's new

Question for Silver Star Users

Have you found a better performing blade regardless of price?
I've kind of settled in on this blade and wanted to see if I should broaden my horizons a bit. Want to keep the clutter to a minimum so don't really want a sampler, prefer to get feedback from the good folks on the BnB.
Thank you in advance

It's definitely a top end blade for me. If it was the only blade in my stash I could easily use it forever. That said I like variety so it's in a rotation in my shave den.

Price is one of the things that makes the Silver Star blades pretty amazing, and I do really like them. If price is no object, the usual suspects would be Wizamet/Polsilver Super Iridium, Persona Med Prep, Nacet, Perma-Sharp Super, GSB, Gillette Platinum and several more.

Other people's opinions and reviews of blades are no substitute for trying them yourself, though. There is a service called tryablade.com that will let you build your own sampler using just the blades you are interested in.

Last edited:
I think Silver Star are one of the best blades in the Lord lineup. That said, part of which I enjoy most about shaving is making and testing out combinations of blades and razors.
For example, Silver Star blades give me an excellent shave in my Rockwell 6S and my RozoRock GC .68, but for whatever reason no matter what I do with technique and angle they just don't do well in my Rex Envoy. But discovering those little quirks is half the fun (for me at least).

Silver Stars are the pick of the Lord litter for me! Great blades, especially for the $.

That said, I rate them just a hair (pun intended) below my top tier:
GSB
Nacet
Wizamet SI
Astra SP
Personna lab
Personna red

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I didn't like the blade feel of the silver Star. Performed well, but felt a bit scratchy to me.
There's a handful of blades that I love, but the one that stands out is Bic Chrome Platinum.
Sharp, efficient and smooth.

Envoyé de mon SM-N950W en utilisant Tapatalk

I ordered a couple of tucks of Silver Star from Razorbladesclub.com & tracking shows they're languishing in NY, presumably for customs. After reading all the favorable comments I'm looking forward to trying them out.

My current favorites are BiC, Voskhod, SuperMax Blue Diamond, Lab Blues, GSB, and of course Astra SP.

I'll try them next week. They arrived during Shark Week [emoji1655], so I stuck with Shark this week.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I find the Silver Star blades to be a notch better than SuperMax blades but again depends on the razor pairing. They're ridiculously cheap too from where I am.

All I've ever used are Feather blades, but I wanted to try a sampler pack of different blades. My first test has been on the Silver Star blades. I just finished blade #1 and started blade #2 today. The shaves were good and close for me on the first couple of shaves, but by shave #3 I got a couple of nicks and started feeling some razor burn, so no 4th shave for me. I don't know if that is due to the blade or poor technique on my part. I'll know more this coming week when I do shaves 2 & 3 with the second blade.

An excellent blade!
Piccolo+Silver-Star_2017-01-28.jpg

Check out this old thread: Silver Star compared to Feather blades

Is this from the lord company? How does it compare to lord platinum and lord cool?
Yes, they are from the same company Lord. I haven't tried Lord Platinum or Cool. The other Lord blades I've tried are Shark SS, Shark SC and Shark Platinum.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom