What's new

Question for ikon experts

I recently acquired an iKon DLC slant with a limited edition handle. Can anyone tell me how many different "generations" of iKon slants have been produced and how I can tell which one I have?

I've heard about the blade set issue with the initially released version and how it was corrected with a second generation version that altered the head geometry and blade pins slightly to address this issue. I also heard a potentially unreliable and thus far unsubstantiated rumor that iKon released a third generation. All comments welcome.

Not really an expert, but followed along most of this story.

Gen 1 razor too finicky with blade alignment, etc., led to gen 2 razor. Gen 2 razor produced in two finishes.

Shavecraft 102 "slant" of sorts released.

So, as far as I know, you could potentially own 4 iKon slants: Gen 1, two finishes of Gen 2, and the 102.

I recently acquired an iKon DLC slant with a limited edition handle. Can anyone tell me how many different "generations" of iKon slants have been produced and how I can tell which one I have?

I've heard about the blade set issue with the initially released version and how it was corrected with a second generation version that altered the head geometry and blade pins slightly to address this issue. I also heard a potentially unreliable and thus far unsubstantiated rumor that iKon released a third generation. All comments welcome.

Not really an expert, but followed along most of this story.

Gen 1 razor too finicky with blade alignment, etc., led to gen 2 razor. Gen 2 razor produced in two finishes.

Shavecraft 102 "slant" of sorts released.

So, as far as I know, you could potentially own 4 iKon slants: Gen 1, two finishes of Gen 2, and the 102.

As I suspected. So the latest iKon slant - the 102 - is also a different design and price point and not available (yet) in DLC coating. I have the DLC so it must be a 2nd Gen since they didn't make the 1st Gen with a DLC option.

If you need to know the proper angle, I'm your huckleberry.
I've got the angle down pretty well already but thanks for the offer. What I really need help with is overcoming my feelings of guilt about taking a shortcut with the slant and not earning a good shave as I had to with my R41.

Top Bottom