What's new

Question for De Haven owners...

Does your razor have a number on the base?
Pic did not turn out well, but I have a "2". Based on the handle design, and the box, I know its early, but I wondered if this was a series #, or...?

Please and thank you!

Attachments

• $HPIM2110.jpg
    $HPIM2110.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 114
The numbers means that 2 different razors were made. Each number (1 and 2) corresponds to the razor model. Model 1 was by Kempf labs in New York 1932 ...Model 2 was by DE HAVEN NY city, in 1929.....without the case it is easy to identify by the number

Last edited:
I have a Model No. 3 which is marked on the top of the razor. Mine doesn't have a number at the bottom of the handle.

The numbers means that 2 different razors were made. Each number (1 and 2) corresponds to the razor model. Model 1 was by Kempf labs in New York 1932 ...Model 2 was by DE HAVEN NY city, in 1929.....without the case it is easy to identify by the number

Thanks, Alex! I hadn't seen mention of the model # being marked.:001_smile

I have a Model No. 3 which is marked on the top of the razor. Mine doesn't have a number at the bottom of the handle.
You model is from Swanton Ohio 1934-1936, there sevaral different ones made. There is another model called the De Haven Synchro-Keen No 1 ...
proxy.php

here is De Haven Synchro-Keen No 2

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the additional info Alex. I just love the way these razor's look. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use mine as I can't get the blades to sharpen. But I see Rob has another post where he got a permasharp to fit his. Do you know if the #2 that Rob has above is the same blade as the #3 takes?

I Think i have a 2 and 3 Model, The 3 is in the mail :drool:

This is No.3

Attachments

• $$(KGrHqZHJC!E9!Mc3HdgBPWpGQYL2w~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqZHJC!E9!Mc3HdgBPWpGQYL2w~~60_57.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 61
  • $$(KGrHqF,!psE8W,2F00bBPUiy0(ye!~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqF,!psE8W,2F00bBPUiy0(ye!~~60_57.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 61
  • $$(KGrHqJ,!h4E8J8Krg)HBPUiy,2Y5Q~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqJ,!h4E8J8Krg)HBPUiy,2Y5Q~~60_57.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 60
  • $$(KGrHqN,!k8E9HKp!)R+BPUiyVdiw!~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqN,!k8E9HKp!)R+BPUiyVdiw!~~60_57.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 60
  • $$(KGrHqZ,!qIE8Wtu1h9IBPUiyucC+g~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqZ,!qIE8Wtu1h9IBPUiyucC+g~~60_57.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Thanks for the additional info Alex. I just love the way these razor's look. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to use mine as I can't get the blades to sharpen. But I see Rob has another post where he got a permasharp to fit his. Do you know if the #2 that Rob has above is the same blade as the #3 takes?
yes, it should take same SE blades

Nate, are the blades in your #3 pinned in place, or can you see how they are fastened in the holder?

Nate, are the blades in your #3 pinned in place, or can you see how they are fastened in the holder?

Here's a pic of my blade's. You can see that they just slip into the spine

$DeHaven 005.jpg

You can see better pics in the Gallery under Nate1976 DeHaven#3

Looks like you're in good shape, if you want to try a Permasharp. 'Nuther great shave last night!:closedeye

Top Bottom