What's new

question for all you LORD experts and fans!

So I'm finally getting around to my lord samples of blades. I tried the super chrome and today wanted to try the platinum class, but when I removed the blade it said super stainless on it. So I grabbed a tuck of super stainless and the blade said the same thing. Identical.
The tucks were both sealed when sent to me and each had their correct outer paper on them.
Did I get shafted, are they the same blade, am I nuts?,,,, probably. But just wondering.
Thanks!!

I've got about 50 of these (made in Egypt) and I just opened a sealed tuck to find the same thing - it says "Lord" on the top half of the blade and "Super Stainless" on the bottom half of the blade. I guess "Platinum" describes the class of the blade. In any event, the blades work well for me, I like them a lot.

Yeah, me too!! Well today was my first shave with them. Slim on 7 1st pass and 5 second.
I did some reading and from what I've gathered, they are the super stainless, but then get platinum coating and this platinum class.
The super chrome wasn't bad either.
Its weird though... I just bought 200 plat on amazon and they were less than the super stainless.... That's funny.
Have yet to try the Super stainless, but I have prime, so it doesn't matter when I order or how much, shipping is free and here in 2 days lol.
One more shave with the plat and gonna try the stainless.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong about what said above about the two blades. :)

The markings on yours match mine. Quite honestly I don't see much of a difference in any of the Lords.

what blade is the lord platinum comparable to?
just wondering how good of a shave and what kind of feel it has.

Mine yesterday was smooth and comfy. Even the first pass at 7 went smoothly on my 2.5 days of hair.
So good, in fact, I bought 200 after the shave. Got them for @11.50 / 100 with free shipping.

I'm in the middle of reviewing the full slate of Lord Blades:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/448606-The-best-Lord-blade

...but the Shark Super Chrome are shaping out to be pretty exceptional, at a really good price. I prefer them to an Astra, regardless of the razor.

I was reading that over a while ago, which gave me the idea to finally break out mine from my sampler.
I tried the super chrome first, but wasn't impressed. But in fairness it was a different razor that my slim. I'll have to use another after this plat blade in my slim to compare.

I was reading that over a while ago, which gave me the idea to finally break out mine from my sampler.
I tried the super chrome first, but wasn't impressed. But in fairness it was a different razor that my slim. I'll have to use another after this plat blade in my slim to compare.

My experience with Shark blades (both Super Stainless and Super Chrome) was the same as yours, I wasn't impressed with them in any of my razors. They aren't horrible, but they aren't nearly good enough for me to ever consider buying them. When I used my last Shark, I was done with them. I like the Lord Platinum Class blades much better.

The Lord SS came in a razor I purchased. I tried it and liked it. I went to the WCS website about a year ago and saw how inexpensive they were and bought 100 of the SS, Chromium, and Platinum blades. They work fine for me.

The Lord SS came in a razor I purchased. I tried it and liked it. I went to the WCS website about a year ago and saw how inexpensive they were and bought 100 of the SS, Chromium, and Platinum blades. They work fine for me.

Don't know about WCS but on amazon the platinum are dirt cheap, but the stainless are like 80% more.

Top Bottom