What's new

Question: Above The Tie/Rockwell

I know you said you were looking for a stainless steel razor but I got the ATT Windsor SB90 which is made from 7000 series aluminum which is super-hard and I love it. I have tried about 100 different razors of all types and this SB90 cuts the smoothest and closest of any I have tried. With a price tag of under $100. you can't beat it. Has a nice finish in black.

View attachment 1432235
How is the weight compared to a stainless steel razor? I’ve looked at it a couple of times, but I prefer some weight and worry I’d find it too light.

Reviving this thread as I'm selling quite a few razors to raise funds for a Timeless in titanium. I purchased the titanium handle to use on another head and figure it's time to pull the trigger on a Timeless head. Now I'm trying to figure out which one to purchase! .68 SB, .95 SB or .5 Slim. In desiring the least blade feel I think I need to go with the .68, but I also want to minimize passes due to irritation so I'm leaning towards the .95. Any further thoughts around the Timeless heads?

Reactions: Kix
If I was going to buy one today, this very minute, I would get the Slim. I’ve gotten spoiled with the RR Lupo and it’s slim, nimble head. I have absolutely zero idea if I would actually like how it shaves, having never used it, but Timeless does have a good return policy.

Reactions: Kix
If I was going to buy one today, this very minute, I would get the Slim. I’ve gotten spoiled with the RR Lupo and it’s slim, nimble head. I have absolutely zero idea if I would actually like how it shaves, having never used it, but Timeless does have a good return policy.
I've been close to pulling the trigger on the Slim, but aborted when I read/heard it shaves very steep.
My Henson has showed me that a very steep blade produces painful tugging on my problem area. The rest of my face is fine.

I know exactly where you're coming from. I've been using the Lupo Aluminum and the thin head is amazing!

I've been close to pulling the trigger on the Slim, but aborted when I read/heard it shaves very steep.
My Henson has showed me that a very steep blade produces painful tugging on my problem area. The rest of my face is fine.
I've heard it's quite aggressive as well which scares me a bit!

I've heard it's quite aggressive as well which scares me a bit!
I’ve been getting to know my SS Lupo 72 and it’s quirks. It’s more aggressive/less smooth than I’m used to but I’m starting to like the way it shaves.

If aggression is a worry, maybe the 68 would be better for you. Me? I’d order the slim head and use it exclusively until I had to decide to keep it or return it to exchange for something else.

But, that’s just me. YMMV and all that.

Well I ended up getting an ATT Windsor Pro aluminum with the SB90, CR1, and R2 baseplates. Used the CR1 yesterday and it shaved well, but I had a couple of weepers. I used the R2 baseplate for a head shave tonight and loved it. I’ll continue to use it and get a better feel for the shave angle before making any judgment. A gorgeous razor to say the least!

15055D61-8B7A-492F-8C89-DC985D949BB5.jpeg

Late to your thread!
Nice razor!
ATT makes excellent razors. I have the Windsor SS with the SSRH baseplate which I received a couple weeks ago. It's my first "expensive" razor and it's excellent.
I chose ATT because not only did I like the look but the head is pretty slim. I like the way the blade clamps, the gap and it's blade forward design. I also like the fact that it works well with a 30 degree shave angle. I had many recommendations here on B&B and finally I landed on the Windsor.
It won over my short list of razors which were:
Blackbird
Yates
Tatara Nodachi
Timeless
Karve
I've since bought a Karve as well but that's a different razor all together.
Enjoy it!!

Last edited:
ATT R1 is pretty aggressive more then the 6S plate 6 imo. Shaves my neck extremely well, but can be harsher against the face. I prefer the ATT M2. Rockwell plate 5 is my preference now for the 6s. Between those 2, probably the M2. I tend to like open comb razors.

Using the CR1 baseplate is causing some mild irritation for me. I may need to switch to another baseplate or go to a different blade.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
ATT R1 is pretty aggressive more then the 6S plate 6 imo. Shaves my neck extremely well, but can be harsher against the face. I prefer the ATT M2. Rockwell plate 5 is my preference now for the 6s. Between those 2, probably the M2. I tend to like open comb razors.
And for those who enjoy a closed comb, I use the CM1 plate about 350 days a year and the CR1 the other 15/16. I can get an extremely close (BBS with three passes) comfortable, irritation, nick, and weeper free shave with either. I notice no meaningful difference in how easy it is to put the blade in optimal contact (efficiency), but with the CM1 I can go on autopilot. YMMV

And for those who enjoy a closed comb, I use the CM1 plate about 350 days a year and the CR1 the other 15/16. I can get an extremely close (BBS with three passes) comfortable, irritation, nick, and weeper free shave with either. I notice no meaningful difference in how easy it is to put the blade in optimal contact (efficiency), but with the CM1 I can go on autopilot. YMMV
Good to hear! Now if I can just get my hands on a CM1 😂

Top Bottom