What's new

Question about Wolfman blade gaps

My only experience with Wolfman razors is with the Wolfman Guerrilla, which has been a great razor for me. I've shaved with it a handful of times so far and it is very smooth and efficient. I will most likely post my thoughts on the Guerrilla shortly in another thread, just as a source of information for other people.

I have the opportunity to buy a Wolfman WR1-OC head with a 0.74mm blade gap for a great price and I was wondering: how does that compare with the Guerrilla?

How much more aggressive would it be? Is it still smooth?

I also have extensive experience with the RazoRock Ti Baby Smooth and ATT M1/R1, if you could compare it to those too.

I generally prefer a milder razor, but I do like some aggressive ones, for example the RR Wunderbar and RR SS Hawk, although when I just want a quick and unfocused easy shave, they aren't the razors I go for.

Bonus question: has anyone ever tried the higher blade gaps, 0.80mm and 0.86mm? How are they? How do they compare with the razors above?

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
This is the Wolfman WR1 SB head. I would assume its a very smooth shaver.

WolfmanWR1.png

vxkBpLf.png

nU3h5KK.png

I have a .74 Wolfman open comb I haven't used in awhile. I need to pull it out to remind myself but, as I recall, it's a very smooth shave that my hand is unable to force into a truly great shave. I've had the same problem with vintage Gillettes--no matter how many times I go over every square millimeter of my face, I still find minor stubble after. If I were do it over again, I'd go with a .86.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have a .74 Wolfman open comb I haven't used in awhile. I need to pull it out to remind myself but, as I recall, it's a very smooth shave that my hand is unable to force into a truly great shave. I've had the same problem with vintage Gillettes--no matter how many times I go over every square millimeter of my face, I still find minor stubble after. If I were do it over again, I'd go with a .86.

Not to go off topic but I remember reading a post of yours where you said you likely shaved every sq mm of your face twenty times. Just so I knew, yesterday I counted the strokes I used on my second pass. I came up with 80 strokes per side with another 20 over my chin and upper lip, so I feel your pain haha.

Not to go off topic but I remember reading a post of yours where you said you likely shaved every sq mm of your face twenty times. Just so I knew, yesterday I counted the strokes I used on my second pass. I came up with 80 strokes per side with another 20 over my chin and upper lip, so I feel your pain haha.

Ha! I should actually try to count. That would be an interesting exercise. My rule is not to stop until I can't hear or feel any more hairs being cut. With my vintage Gillettes, I have to quit early so I can get to work before lunchtime.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
My rule is not to stop until I can't hear or feel any more hairs being cut.

Thats exactly what I do, but I know I'll need another buffing clean up pass over the two trouble spots my neck.

The blade gap on the Guerrilla .69 is larger than my .61 WR1 but I found the WR1 smoother and more efficient. The Guerrilla has a shallower shaving angle than the WR1. Most seem to like the .74.

I think I will go for it and buy that WR1-OC head. I will most likely keep it for when I have multiple days growth. I already have too many mild razors, so it will just complete them.

Thanks for all the answers!

Top Bottom