What's new

Question about Vetiver

Ah, thanks. Now I know what I can ask for as a !ate Christmas wish from SWMBO. Thanks
It's a vetiver alright but a very summer type scent profile. Kind of Unisex and many ladies swear by this on basenots. SWMBO likely to raid this one herself. Ask me how I know! Am looking for a mega 300ML bottle on deal now.

It's a vetiver alright but a very summer type scent profile. Kind of Unisex and many ladies swear by this on basenots. SWMBO likely to raid this one herself. Ask me how I know! Am looking for a mega 300ML bottle on deal now.

No probs there. I've worn her Kim Kardashian a few times and been told it smells nice on me by her girl friends. Only a life dusting for a late evening but it's there.

I have both of the Fine vetiver aftershaves. They are very different. I favor the Fresh vetiver for the office and the Green vetiver for the weekends or casual Friday. The Green smells less "formal" and seems more casual to my nose. Get both. You really can't go wrong with either. Don't go too heavy on them as their scents last. I can still get whiffs of them even after lunch. Some people claim they last longer like a cologne.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I have both of the Fine vetiver aftershaves. They are very different. I favor the Fresh vetiver for the office and the Green vetiver for the weekends or casual Friday. The Green smells less "formal" and seems more casual to my nose. Get both. You really can't go wrong with either. Don't go too heavy on them as their scents last. I can still get whiffs of them even after lunch. Some people claim they last longer like a cologne.
Totally agree -- I used some yesterday, and it stayed so strong for so long I started to wonder if I'd put on cologne instead of A/S.

I ordered the Ariana & Evans Vetiver Magnifique aftershave splash to go with the soap, and it arrived today. Unfortunately my wife is out of town, so my primary scent critic isn't here - just me. I'm trying to figure out how I feel about it. Unlike the soap, it doesn't seem to have any "sharpness" to it. Is that the right term? I don't know how else to describe it, but to me it seems like a "soft" scent, and I expected it would have a bit of a "bite" to it.

It doesn't seem like anyone else here has tried it, so it's hard for me to guess how it compares to some of the other vetiver scents being discussed.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
+1 great stuff.

My wife returned home and her opinion of the Ariana & Evans Vetiver Magnifique was not very different than mine: it's OK, but (in her words) "too sweet." I'll continue to use it, but based upon the feedback in this thread I just ordered samples of the two Fine Vetiver aftershaves from Maggard Razors.

Let us know how you like them, Steve.
I received the two Fine Aftershave samples today. Unfortunately my wife has a terrible cold, so I'm on my own here with regard to the scents. The Green Vetiver is more of what I had in mind, but I like the Fresh Vetiver as well. By contrast, I have put the Ariana & Evans Vetiver Magnifique up for sale on the BST Forum. To my nose it's a bit sweeter than the Fine Vetivers and just isn't the right scent for me. Oddly, though, the matching Ariana & Evans soap seems quite close to the Gren Vetiver (at least it does to me).

I bought a sample of the Fine Green Vetiver, used it for the first time today. The sample came in a small spray bottle. I put about 4 spritzes on my hand, rubbed together, and applied. Not sure if that was too much or not. Interesting scent, I'm on the fence. My wife is not a fan, so I guess we know what that means! She said it smells like cleaning supplies lol.

I’m a huge fine fan, and the gv is the only scent of theirs I hate. It smells similar to green tobacco flower scents I’ve smelled. Identical to carpet cleaner and old ladies. Makes me physically nauseous.

That said, the fine fresh vetiver rules. Clean, fresh, amazing.

I’m a huge fine fan, and the gv is the only scent of theirs I hate. It smells similar to green tobacco flower scents I’ve smelled. Identical to carpet cleaner and old ladies. Makes me physically nauseous.

That said, the fine fresh vetiver rules. Clean, fresh, amazing.
I'll put the Fresh Vetiver on my list of ones to try. We are walking around the house and my wife keeps stopping and asking, "What is that smell?" LOL

Vetiver? Forget aftershave. Simply a splash of cologne. Creed is a guaranteed winner!!

creed vetiver joris plisson january 20 2015.jpg

I'll echo sarimento, a nice vetiver cologne will make you happy.

If you like Green Vetiver, it was based on Guerlain Vetiver, which is fairly cheap (usually around $30). It reminds me a the forest, kind of a decaying leaves, green, loam scent. Goes really well with B&M Hallows.

Fine Clean Vetiver is based on Tom Ford's Vetiver. Much more clean and icy.

If you want a crazy vetiver scent, check out Panna Cream Nuavia Rosso. That's some pretty heavy duty stuff. very 80's powerhouse.

Top Bottom