What's new

Question about the review section

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
First off, it's great. I can't wait until it's filled to the brim with all manner of shaving arcana.

However, it appears that if one posts a comment without selecting a score for the item in question, it registers as all zeroes, making the overall rating appear suspisciously low. Is this true?:confused:

ouch said:
First off, it's great. I can't wait until it's filled to the brim with all manner of shaving arcana.

However, it appears that if one posts a comment without selecting a score for the item in question, it registers as all zeroes, making the overall rating appear suspisciously low. Is this true?:confused:

Yes. The review system is essentially a pure review system - where by just general comments, questions, etc are posted in the FORUM. The review engine is specific to ONLY reviews, so that it does not become cluttered with questions and such - as if you figure once a review of a product is posted, it stays indefinately, so if questions are asked and discussion is had (that is/are not specific to users opinions on the product) it becomes no different from the forum, and users will have to sift through a bunch of "general" posts/comments in order to read all of the opinions.

I know it is a little odd, and it will take all of us (myself included) some getting used to - but once it was explained to me WHY we have to do it that way, it started making more sense :biggrin: I must admit.... I had to delete a few irronious comments I had posted on products I had not yet tried which gave a score of 0%.

:tongue_sm

Top Bottom