What's new

Question about Old Spice vintage mug from 1944

I just bought one of these Old Spice mugs. Did they come with soap and a red top, like the newer ones?
I only have the mug, no top cover or anything. Anyone knows how did they come?
Thanks

voice of Experience, The red plastic tops are very lightweight and even with a tab they are hard to pull off the mug. I do not put them back on the mug to cover the soap.

Hmmm- just wondering- if I gave Sue at Momma Bear's an Old spice mug- would she fill it with some of her Aged Spice for me????? Might be worth asking!

I suspect the red plastic top was a throw-away item meant for store display only. As far as filling the mugs with modern soap, I do it. Seems like I remember some soaps need to be trimmed to fit. Not a big deal, and a way cool method of lathering up every day.

Mine has a clear plastic lid. If I were the original owner (as opposed to the collector buying NOS) I probably would have tossed it. It's just packaging, rather than a functional lid

Hmmm- just wondering- if I gave Sue at Momma Bear's an Old spice mug- would she fill it with some of her Aged Spice for me????? Might be worth asking!

You are in luck but it requires a little bit of effort on your part. Mama Bear's soaps are meltable via double-boiler or even a microwave if you are very careful. Just melt the soap and place it in the mug, then let it harden. Volia, Aged Spice in an Old Spice mug.

You are in luck but it requires a little bit of effort on your part. Mama Bear's soaps are meltable via double-boiler or even a microwave if you are very careful. Just melt the soap and place it in the mug, then let it harden. Volia, Aged Spice in an Old Spice mug.

+1

Generally you should cut the soap into small pieces first, so that it melts quicker. Then give it short 10-20 second bursts until it melts. You want to apply as little of heart as possible (hence the short bursts) so as to not burn the soap, and not lose the fragrance in the process.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but Mama Bears is only about 50 miles from where I live in Northern Wisconsin. I figure to make the trek during the summer. Frank

Top Bottom