What's new

Question about Mastro Livi's strops

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would need your help please. I cannot find anywhere Mastro Livi's website or a place that sells all his products. I am looking for his loom strops and abrasive stones. Does anyone have an idea where I can get them or if they are available at all?

Your help with this will be greatly appreciated.
/GMHSE

I did not know that he had retired. Too bad, he was a real Master. Big loss; huge.

Then I wonder if anyone here knows where I can find a adjustable loom strop that is at least 2.5" wide. All the ones that I have found have a working area that is only 1.5" wide and between 7"-7/8" long.

Mastro Livi’s son was already doing the strops before the retirement of the Mastro, so you should expect no drop in quality

I bought mine a year ago when I visited Italy. To be honest it’s not my favorite strop (I prefer hanging strops and thicker leather), but I use the CrOx side quite often to keep my edges sharp.

Mastro Livi’s son was already doing the strops before the retirement of the Mastro, so you should expect no drop in quality

I bought mine a year ago when I visited Italy. To be honest it’s not my favorite strop (I prefer hanging strops and thicker leather), but I use the CrOx side quite often to keep my edges sharp.

May I ask you if you know that size of the working area? I read once that they are 3" wide, but that is about it. All other loom strops that I have found have a working area that is only 1.5" wide. I also wonder if the Livi's leather is so smooth as they say it is.

Last edited:
May I ask you if you know that size of the working area? I read once that they are 3" wide, but that is about it. All other loom strops that I have found have a working area that is only 1.5" wide. I also wonder if the Livi's leather is so smooth as they say it is.

They are not 3 inches wide, more like 2.5. I need to do a slight X-pattern on my razors, but it's wide enough to strop comfortably. I have the Small version. If it were my main strop I would probably want something longer like the Medium size

The leather is very smooth, but so are many others around (Kanayama, Tony Miller, Scruplewords, you name it). Mastro Livi's leather is wafer thin

Mastro livi leather is pony skin it is smooth skin . I have had medium and small and travel the small ideal I think you would like it but I tend to prefer a hanging strop. Tony Miller strops are spot on and will last fir ever I could not imagine livi leather to our last Tony Miller or other custom makers

Top Bottom