What's new

Question about DRHarris Windsor cream

I just received a tub of DR Harris Windsor shaving cream and the consistency is more like a croap than a soft cream. Is this normal for this product?

May be a touch dry from sitting but to my knowledge they are thick but not overly. There are ways to reconstitute a touch of moisture back into the cream if desired , I just use them as is when they dry out myself.

Thanks, Corey, I did throw a few drops of water in it - I’ll see what it’s like tomorrow.

I just received a tub of DR Harris Windsor shaving cream and the consistency is more like a croap than a soft cream. Is this normal for this product?

Before you add water, put the tub in the fridge overnight.
I am not sure whether this works for shaving creams in a tub, but some shaving creams in a tube that have become too thick can recover their more creamy consistency that way.

If that didn’t work (please tell us), you can still add water. :001_smile

B.

Thanks all. Added water didn’t really make a difference so I used it like a hard puck and put a brush to it directly and it worked fine. I wonder if this will wreck the cream because of so much water being added this way over time? I believe I will scoop a bit out tomorrow and put it in a lather bowl the way God meant it to be done. 😉

Sir Ike, don't fret, DRH Windsor will give great shaves in whatever format/consistency!
But, to fully enjoy, add on the aftershave and cologne!!

D R Harris Windsor Kent Feather April 15 2018.jpg

Reactions: ike
Thanks all. Added water didn’t really make a difference so I used it like a hard puck and put a brush to it directly and it worked fine. I wonder if this will wreck the cream because of so much water being added this way over time? I believe I will scoop a bit out tomorrow and put it in a lather bowl the way God meant it to be done. 😉

Yeah, don’t put a wet brush in there it’ll just make it watery and you’ll burn through it in no time. The Harris creams are very concentrated, a fingertip worth is all you need.

Top Bottom