What's new

Question about comparing WR2 and Timeless

Hello my fellow shaving lunatics. I have a WR2 1.25 SB and have grown to love it. It’s my current daily driver. But.....my birthday is only 2-3 months away lol. I don’t presently have a titanium razor and am looking at Timeless. Anyone out there with experience with both WR2 and timeless? I’m debating between the .95 OC (which looks so cool with the scalloped top cap) or perhaps the SLIM edition. Can anyone tell me how these Timeless options compare with the WR2 1.25 in smoothness and efficiency? I don’t want something less efficient than my Wolf. Thanks!

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I have both a WR2 1.35 OC and a Timeless Slim Ti OC both are really good razors. Both give a great shave but slightly different. I can live very happily with both co existing in my rotation. Both are efficient yet smooth. Both need a light touch. Both are beautiful. I guess that is the best I can give you in terms of information

I have a WR2 1.15 SB and used to have a Timeless Slim Ti SB. For me, Timeless Slim is a very soft but ineffective razor. WR2 1.15 is a balance of softness and efficiency.

Yes..@Hannah's Dad is right.
I had the WR2 1.15 DC and the polished ss Timeless .95 OC. The WR2 easily beat the Timeless for shave ability.
But...I sold the WR2 and kept the Timeless.
The WR2 1.15 was still mild and shaved so similar to my other razors that it wasn't worth keeping.
It looked great though...lovely razor (I should have bought the 1.25 or 1.35 I do realise).
I also have the ss Blackbird (OC and SB plates). Yep...much closer shave than the Timeless.
Also have the ss Karve with SB plates from #C to #G.
The #G plate certainly would beat the WR2 that I had.
So maybe a Ti Karve?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Ron, I don’t think any of the Timeless options will beat the Wolf’s efficiency. You might want to consider the Ti Blackbird, IMHO.

I have the WR2 1.25 SB, Timeless Ti Slim and Stainless .95 OC & Bronze .78 OC and the Blackland Ti Blackbird.

In my opinion, as much as I love my Timeless razors, the Ti Blackbird and the WR2 1.25 SB complement each other wonderfully in my Big Dogs rotation.

I'm in a similar but different situation. I'm on the list for my first wolfman but I don't know what is the best option. I would like the wolfman to be as efficient as the Blackbird but as mild or more mild than the Timeless 0.95. Is there one like this?

Thinking about the 1.15 and I don't know it it will be efficient enough.

The 1.25 is what I'm leaning on but I don't know if it is more or less mild than the Timeless 0.95 and if it has an efficiency close enough to the bird.

The 1.35 I belive that would be efficient enough but I don't know if it is mild enough.

Choosing a Wolfman is hard! Good thing that it takes forever to be called lol.
Can somebody help this suffering soul?

I'm in a similar but different situation. I'm on the list for my first wolfman but I don't know what is the best option. I would like the wolfman to be as efficient as the Blackbird but as mild or more mild than the Timeless 0.95. Is there one like this?

The 1.25 is what I'm leaning on but I don't know if it is more or less mild than the Timeless 0.95 and if it has an efficiency close enough to the bird.

The 1.35 I belive that would be efficient enough but I don't know if it is mild enough.

Don't sweat it too much. Your analysis is spot on. Nobody knows which will be the best one until they try. It took me more than 1 try to find the best one for me. The advantage is you can resell them at your cost on B/S/T.

Don't sweat it too much. Your analysis is spot on. Nobody knows which will be the best one until they try. It took me more than 1 try to find the best one for me. The advantage is you can resell them at your cost on B/S/T.
That’s true. You’re really only risky time, and even with that, the list is getting shorter than it once was.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

Order the 1.25 SB and call it a career.

Thanks for the replies! To me is a little more complicated as I live in Brazil and shipping things from here is very problematic. So BST is not a viable option and there are not many people interested in a wolf here.
But I tinhk I will like whichever I choose.

As a daily shaver, for me, it is hard to beat the Timeless Ti .68 OC. The BB Ti is the best BB for me, but it’s not a daily driver, but is fantastic when I have a few days off. I have sold off all but one of my Wolfman’s, I kept my DC Ti .74 WR1 which is also a great daily driver.

Thanks guys! I think ya sold me. Looks like the Bird will be joining the Wolf. Hopefully the titanium Blackbird becomes available near my birthday or Christmas.
Yes, I think you’d be disappointed in a Timeless Ti. If I remember right, you have a solid 90mm Wolfman handle on your 1.25? The lighter Timeless Ti 0.95 OC won’t be as efficient. I like mine, but I prefer the hallow 80mm Wolfman handle.

This is all very subject, but for me I prefer the Wolfman (WR1 and WR2) to the Timeless. I’ve tried the SS .95 and the Bronze .78.

Can you specify which Timeless 0.95—OC or SB or SC, stainless steel or titanium? That may alter the Wolfman recommendation.
I like my Timeless Ti 0.95 OC—efficient without being aggressive and nice blade feel. I’m pleased with my recent Wolfman purchase: WR2 1.30 SB with 80mm hallow handle. The 1.25 would have probably been close to my Ti in efficient but wouldn’t have had enough blade feel for my taste. The 1.30 is a notch up in efficiency from my Timeless and the blade feel is great.

Yes, I think you’d be disappointed in a Timeless Ti. If I remember right, you have a solid 90mm Wolfman handle on your 1.25? The lighter Timeless Ti 0.95 OC won’t be as efficient. I like mine, but I prefer the hallow 80mm Wolfman handle.
Your memory is spot on!

Top Bottom