What's new

Question about Clay Mask [QED French Green]

Hey guys

I'm still a newbie, my first strait razor shave was at a AOS and one thing I liked was having their rose clay mask applied after the royal shave. Since that day I decided to get set up for wet shaving, I've been shaving with a best badger brush, Merkur 45, and a few trial blades [sticking with Astra platinums for next 10 shaves] I take 2 or 3 passes and after shave I splash cold water rinse, followed by a splash of witch hazel to wet face, followed by apllying Nivea after shave blam for sensitive skin on still wet face.

Every 3rd day or so, I've been applying a mask of QED French Green Clay. I put a bit of the green powder in my rinsed shaving bowl, add some water, mix with a make up brush that my wife or daughter never used and it has been in the bathroom drawer, then I paint on the mixed clay and allow it to dry for about 10 minutes then wipe off with a cold water rinse. It feels great, lessons any irritation and makes my face feel smooth and tight.

My question is... how often should I apply the mask, I think I read somewhere about twice a week is the recommendation?

I'm curious if applying more often than twice a week is OK?

Any imput, questions, or comments are much apprciated.

Thanks in advance
Karl

Top Bottom