What's new

Question about Bootlegger's

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I really love Stephan’s bay rum. Regardless of what I use as an aftershave I use Stephan’s for a body splash. I got VIBR recently. I like it but it’s a little heavy handed on the clove so I’ll probably get some Masters and Superior 70 to mix up a batch of Bootlegger’s.

Stephan's is a decent inexpensive Bay Rum splash. Good purchase!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm a big Bootlegger's fan. I started with Bay Rum, and then El Dorado. Both are enjoyed as part of a yearly rotation.

Over the years I now have the pleasure of using the whole Bootlegger's collection.

Here's what the bootlegger's experience is like.

1. "Gee, this smells pretty good."

2. "It certainly smells better than the original 'X' it came from."

3. (Chuckling to myself as I am once again reminding myself that wet shaving can save money) "This IS inexpensive. Why don't I use this stuff all the time"?

4. "I should have stocked up on Vito'es Tobacco. I'm gonna run out before my 75th birthday, and then what I'm gonna do?

If you haven't tried Bootlegger's yet, do yourself a favor and start with some making Bootlegger's Bay rum.

:ouch1:

OkieStubble

Well folks, thanks to this thread I've now ordered some Pinaud VIBR, Masters and Superior 70. I've got a nice vintage Avon bottle that's about halfway full of a 50/50 mix of Stephen's and Lustray that once I use up, will be replaced with the bootleggers recipe from @OkieStubble.

Bootlegger's original Bay Rum gets better with age. I cracked a bottle open just before the last Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. I could clearly, smell an absolutely wonderful peppery not in the Bay Rum that I had never noticed or smelled before.

I don't know at what time in the ageing process or time frame this happened, but it pleaseantly shocked me enough, that I immediately mixed up two more bottles and put them in a dark cool place to age and get some time under them while I am using up the current opened bottle. Bay Rum with a pepper note is fantastic stuff! :)

OkieStubble

I used Bootleggers Bay Rum 12 hours ago and I can still smell it a bit. So it does have some longevity. Smells and feels good.
I appreciate @OkieStubble ’s creations.

When I shave at the sink, I usually shave with no shirt on. After the shave, a rinse and a pat dry with the towel, It's a splash of witch hazel and then I am getting dressed. Once my undershirt is on, I splash on my Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum and then immediately wipe my hands on the T-shirt on my chest. I usually carry a pistol everywhere I go, so I wear a button up shirt over the t-shirt. I can smell the pure goodness, of Bootlegger's Bay Rum wafting up from my face and chest, all day long. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I love them all very much, but the Lime Bay Rum is my favorite. :)
Man, we must be brothers my friend! I must also say this: that one leaves my incredibly handsome face feeling BETTER than any balm. Just the perfect blend, AND I use it winter, summer....it just works. Has decent legs too.

OkieStubble

Man, we must be brothers my friend! I must also say this: that one leaves my incredibly handsome face feeling BETTER than any balm. Just the perfect blend, AND I use it winter, summer....it just works. Has decent legs too.

Can't argue... ECHO..ECho..echo. ;)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've missed you Okie ! I'm going to be in Missouri soon, maybe next year I'll look to your neck of the woods in the Winter. Ol' @ackvil found out I snored and has a restraining order against me, so that's out!

I'm HOPING to meet up with a B&B brother in all of my future travels. I can right off all my travel expenses in Arkoland. I'm a sovereign there.

OkieStubble

I've missed you Okie ! I'm going to be in Missouri soon, maybe next year I'll look to your neck of the woods in the Winter. Ol' @ackvil found out I snored and has a restraining order against me, so that's out!

I'm HOPING to meet up with a B&B brother in all of my future travels. I can right off all my travel expenses in Arkoland. I'm a sovereign there.
Lol'd.

Snored? I thought you were calling in the cattle from a feedlot!

OkieStubble

Mostly the summer, but sometimes, in cooler weather, you just need that blast of cold. And at this time of year I get impatient for the warmth of summer.
Yeah, warm springtime weather, I’m using up my Aqua Velva and Vintage Skin Bracers that just tease with the menthol. I just sit and wait for that first, hot sticky, muggy days of Summer, so I can splash on some refreshing Green Freeze and get a full cooling blast of menthol all over my face! :)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
You can tell how much I hate their products:

View attachment 1439049

I used their shave soap and balm this morning for a face and head shave. Absolutely love the smell and ingredient list.

On the strength of your post, I ordered a bottle of Thor's Hammer aftershave. It came on Saturday and I used it this morning. First class product! Thank you for the post. Will be checking out their website to see if anything else looks interesting.

Top Bottom