What's new

Question about blades

Reading about the Gillette yellow 7 o'clock blades I want to try them. As of now my favorite two blades are nacet and rapira platinum lux. I was wanting to see how the yellows feel and compair to either of those two blades. Also I have a tuck of polsilver and since everyone raves over both the yellows and polsilver how does the polsilver feel and compare to nacets and rapira platinum lux.

I may have been a bit confusing so I just want to hear how the Gillette yellows and polsilvers feel and perform compared to both nacet and rapira platinum lux. Curious as to what to expect from the yellows and polsilvers. Are those two blades a bit harsh on the first shave like the nacets and rapira platinum lux.

Reading about the Gillette yellow 7 o'clock blades I want to try them. As of now my favorite two blades are nacet and rapira platinum lux. I was wanting to see how the yellows feel and compair to either of those two blades. Also I have a tuck of polsilver and since everyone raves over both the yellows and polsilver how does the polsilver feel and compare to nacets and rapira platinum lux.

I may have been a bit confusing so I just want to hear how the Gillette yellows and polsilvers feel and perform compared to both nacet and rapira platinum lux. Curious as to what to expect from the yellows and polsilvers. Are those two blades a bit harsh on the first shave like the nacets and rapira platinum lux.
The Yellows feel sharper and a little rougher than the Polsilvers.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

I have and use all the blades you mentioned, I don't want to start world War 3, but to me I can't tell the difference between any of them after 3 shaves. The only blades that I can tell the difference is Feather and KAI BLADES.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

So then it's gonna be just like the nacet and rapira platinum lux? First shave will be rough like the nacet and rapira platinum lux? Do they last about the same as the nacet and rapira platinum lux. I know everyone's beard if different so asking on your face do they last about the same as the nacet and rapira platinum lux.

I find Yellows & Polsilvers to be very similar, with Polsilver super smooth from the first shave. Yellow is also smooth, but the first shave is not quite as smooth out of the gate. I've never tried these two back-to-back, so I can't comment on which is sharper; to me, they seem pretty similar in sharpness. But I can say that Nacet is sharper, than either.

I have and use all the blades you mentioned, I don't want to start world War 3, but to me I can't tell the difference between any of them after 3 shaves. The only blades that I can tell the difference is Feather and KAI BLADES.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
I second this, including the Feather and Kai blades feel difference.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I’ve tried Feathers and they are sharp, I have not tried Kai blades yet. I put off trying Feathers due to their notorious history of bloodshed. They are just a blade but I found that you must respect them.

It has been awhile since I used Rapira, so I won’t comment on those.

I like Polsilvers and Yellows, and rank them a hair below Nacets (which are top-tier for me)! :a29:

So then it's gonna be just like the nacet and rapira platinum lux? First shave will be rough like the nacet and rapira platinum lux? Do they last about the same as the nacet and rapira platinum lux. I know everyone's beard if different so asking on your face do they last about the same as the nacet and rapira platinum lux.
Yes they do for me.

Clayton

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

My polsliver's required a somewhat aggressive razor to work well for me (Fatboy on 7). Great blades. Have not tried the Yellow's yet, probably in a year or two since it takes me forever to use up a blade.

Nacet's were only OK for me, just goes to show.

Yellows and Polsilvers are my two favorite blades and I use one or the other at least 3/4 of my shaves. I've also used Nacets plenty of times, and Rapira PL but only a few times. So I will limit my comparison to Nacets.

Bottom line: Yellows are a bit less sharp but a lot smoother/more forgiving than Nacets. They are an excellent choice if you like Nacets but find them a little harsh or challenging. A Yellow will cut you some slack if your technique is off or you're not paying attention, while being nearly as efficient. I get less skin irritation with a Yellow than with a Nacet.

Polsilvers are a little less sharp, and a little smoother, than Yellows. Whereas a Nacet and a Yellow could be called "very sharp" blades, a Polsilver is really a mid-sharp blade, but the huge upside of Polsilvers is that they're incredibly smooth and forgiving, and just feel great on the skin. I would have to work hard to cut myself with a Polsilver, and I get zero irritation after using one - every time.

I find a Nacet or Yellow requires the same setting on an adjustable, but a Polsilver benefits from a more aggressive setting. For instance, I use Plate # 4 on my Rockwell for Yellows or Nacets, but plate # 5 for Polsilver. It can be a little frustrating to get a true BBS shave from a Polsilver because they are not wicked sharp like Yellows, Nacets, Feathers, PermaSharps, Kai's, etc., but again ... very smooth ride every time.

I toss my blades after three shaves, so I can't speak to longevity.

Yup blades feel different in different razors and even feel different from person to person. But feedback from people can give an idea of what to expect

Top Bottom