What's new

Question about black spot on bottom of VDH puck.

Today I decided to pop the puck of VDH deluxe soap out of the mug. I did this because I was wondering about the little bit of water that may run down the side of the puck. Upon flipping the puck over there was a black spot on the soap. I assumed it was mold growing and would hate to throw the puck so I washed it off. Sorry I should have taken a photo. So my question is how does a person stop this in the future? It is a VDH apothecary mug, the soap ismeant for the mugbut there is a slight gap around the puck. I followed the instructions by wetting the puck and pressing it down in the cup. I have been using it for 3 weeks. I have hard water and I don't use any inline filters or a water softener. I don't lather in the cup but of course a little water and some lather does get down the side of the puck while loading it. I load for about 20 seconds give or take and face lather.

I have tried doing several different searches but could not find any answers. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
VDH is a nice soap, which you can nuke if you want it to melt into the shape of the mug, removing any gaps for water to creep under. A few 8-second bursts should be more than enough to do the trick.

That would not concern me. Just shave away until you see anything possibly harmful and then wash it off or discard the puck. Just my 2 cents and YMMV.

VDH is a nice soap, which you can nuke if you want it to melt into the shape of the mug, removing any gaps for water to creep under. A few 8-second bursts should be more than enough to do the trick.

I had read about melting down the VDH soap. That crossed my mind but was still thinking moisture could get under the soap. Maybe will just try that anyway.

Thanks.

I've never had this happen. I use VDH as my daily go-to in an Old Spice mug. I assume it's a mold you're describing, but can't see how it would hurt anything if it's under the puck.

Top Bottom