What's new

Question about a slant.

Hey all, glad to be back online and bugging all of you again! Anyway, my question is this: I recently was PIF'd a vintage slant, which is in awesome condition. The thing is, the bottom part where you'd screw to make it tighten or loosen up wont come off. Now, I was under the impression that it was a three-piece much like a Single Ring or a New Improved. Am I wrong? The top piece comes off like it should, but I'm just a tad confused. Should I be worried?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
It depends what you have... The Merkur Slant is a 2 pieces. The head comes off but you need to unscrew it using the bottom part as per your description. I would think it's normal.

Good to see that you are back Jim!

Well, that's a load off my mind. Even if it was 'defective', I'd still enjoy it thoroughly.

Oh, and thanks. It's great to be back.

Well, that's a load off my mind. Even if it was 'defective', I'd still enjoy it thoroughly.

Oh, and thanks. It's great to be back.

Sorry, BUT the vintage, I think 53 and back are 3 piece, the earlier 3 piece kinda looks like the 37c but its 3 piece:biggrin: Is it a Merkur?

Well, it's a Hoffritz, which is Merkur essentially. I doubt it's older than '53, but who knows? It looks almost identical to the current 37C, but with no 'grooves' on the head, and a different end on the handle.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I've never seen one so can't comment but someone who owned a Hoffritz will probably chip in... Mine is a 3 pieces but open comb... Any pictures? :biggrin:

Top Bottom