What's new

Quercus by Penhaligons

I received a sample of this and I absolutely love it! Has anybody else smelled it? I am wondering why I haven't heard of it when everyone here seems to like Penhaligon's colognes.

obsessis said:
I received a sample of this and I absolutely love it! Has anybody else smelled it? I am wondering why I haven't heard of it when everyone here seems to like Penhaligon's colognes.

SOTD from 8/8/05...
P1010067.JPG

SOTD from 9/9/05
IMG_0060.jpg

And so on and so forth. I very much enjoy Quercus and have mentioned it many times in the past.... but there are literally dozens of scents I feel are as good that are also not mentioned frequently either. Colognes are not like shaving creams/soaps... there are WAY more of them out there - and on a shaving forum, you aren't going ot hear about them as frequently as other items, ESPECIALLY Quercus as it is a unisex scent.

what other colognes are similar to quercus? how would you classify it's scent so I know what other colognes I'd like?

I really liked the sampler of it I received from Penhaligons and will prob. try to purchase some.

obsessis said:
what other colognes are similar to quercus? how would you classify it's scent so I know what other colognes I'd like?

I really liked the sampler of it I received from Penhaligons and will prob. try to purchase some.

Joe,
It isn't that other colognes are "similar" to Quercus scent wise, but they are similar in that they are great scents that just aren't brought up much.... if at all. For example, many trumper and pecksniff offerings are not spoken of too often, if at all, and both have outstanding options available. Castle Forbes is another cologne house that doesn't get too much press, and they have some really, really tremendous (and incredibly unique) offerings. It is a shame CF excluded themselves from the American market by jacking up prices in America, and keeping prices the same in Europe.... REALLY bad for proprieters in America who have to compete with Foreign CF pricing.

joel said:
Joe,
It is a shame CF excluded themselves from the American market by jacking up prices in America, and keeping prices the same in Europe.... REALLY bad for proprieters in America who have to compete with Foreign CF pricing.

I'm not a currency trader, but there's a better than even chance that this trend may continue in the future as the $ continues to devalue against the Euro and other currencies.:redface:

For anyone with foreign stocks/funds, this is what has been keeping your returns so high lately.:rolleyes:

well i'm looking for scents that would smell similar to quercus or pleasures/1805....lighter, fresh scents. quercus is diff. than those two, though, i'm aware of that. i don't know what category it would fall in so I don't know what else to try/look at.

obsessis said:
well i'm looking for scents that would smell similar to quercus or pleasures/1805....lighter, fresh scents. quercus is diff. than those two, though, i'm aware of that. i don't know what category it would fall in so I don't know what else to try/look at.

Check out Domain and Zirh.

KUJO said:
I'm not a currency trader, but there's a better than even chance that this trend may continue in the future as the $ continues to devalue against the Euro and other currencies.:redface:

For anyone with foreign stocks/funds, this is what has been keeping your returns so high lately.:rolleyes:

In the short term this may be true, but the future outlook of Europe is very grim with continental Europe's high unemployment rates. It's also not particularly good for a country to have a high exchange rate in a global economy. It depresses exports.

I believe that Quercus is one of Penhaligon's unisex scents (the other is English Fern).

It is a relatively new scent that was created in 1996. The notes are:

Top Notes - Cardamom, Galbanum, Lime, Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin
Middle Notes - Jasmine, Muguet
Base Notes - Sandalwood, Treemoss, Musk

rasiermesserfan said:
I believe that Quercus is one of Penhaligon's unisex scents (the other is English Fern).

It is a relatively new scent that was created in 1996. The notes are:

Top Notes - Cardamom, Galbanum, Lime, Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin
Middle Notes - Jasmine, Muguet
Base Notes - Sandalwood, Treemoss, Musk

yeah, it does a good job of smelling manly but also girly at the same time. i absolutely love it. you have any other suggestions?

Having recently sampled a pretty deep catalog of Penhaligon's fragrances, I wonder why this one doesn't get more chatter. It is, in my opinion, at the very top of what they have to offer. It's much less powdery and "old man-ish" than many of their other scents.

Andy, you are right. Quercus is a more modern scent. It may put of some purist that detest department store scents.

Top Bottom